Used 2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

A nice car that I love to keep
By Hank

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car has meant several things to me: Nice looks, decent power (3 liter), all wheel drive (AWD) versatility and of course, the Jaguar brand name. It feels great when friends and strangers recognize the brand and make positive comments about its looks. This is my 5th year of ownership and I still like its looks and feel. I liked it so much I decided to not trade it in when I recently bought a new car. The 3 liter engine feels strong and satisfying in most situations although the automatic transmission loses a second or two when downshifting in sudden acceleration. It makes up for this in smooth operation when needing to pass. Last but not least, the AWD feature has been great in snow/ice.

AWD, exterior styling, interior comfort, Jaguar name

Better fuel economy, given its need for premium fuel

Tab's Jag is all PRRR and no GRRRR
By Tab's Jag

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2003 Jaguar X-Type 2.5 in January 0f 2008 and I love it. It was a blessing that fell in my lap and once I saw what a great deal it was I couldn't pass it up. Well, 4 months later I am deftly happy with it. I have had no issues whatsoever and it gets many head nods. I just tell all the people who think I must be cavorting a lot more money than they thought to be driving it, that a blessing came my way and it keeps blessing me over and over again. It is grey with woodgrade integrated with the black leather interior. Also, yes it has a pretty sleek look and everyone loves it. I appreciate and love it!!

-Sport Feature -Sleek Look -No maintenance problems

The gas mileage is my only gripe. It eats up gas, however, as long as I'm employed I can deal with that. ;)

My Baby Jag
By AL

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have had mine for almost a year now with no problems. The car handles like no other I have ever owned, it has good power, and it turns heads like no car I have ever owned, and this thing will really take a corner at any speed, no torque steer, no drift, a joy to drive.

Great styling, good power, comfortable, excellent handling.

Could do a bit better on gas mileage, but at 27-28 highway 18-21 city is acceptable, Jaguar bluetooth telephone option hard to get, difficult to install and way too expensive at $2000 if purchased with new car or installed in used no price difference.

Much better than I expected
By Darel Parker

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After looking at similarly priced BMWs and Mercedes, I decided to take a chance on the X-Type and I have not been disappointed. I absolutely love this car. Inside and out, the X-Type is beautiful, and driving it is a dream. With an automatic transmission, the 2.5 liter engine is a bit underpowered but the performance is more than acceptable and the handling is superb. The X-Type styling really stands out in the crowded entry-level luxury market. If you don't tell people what you paid for the car, they'll assume you paid twice as much. It is that nice.

All wheel drive inspires confidence in inclement weather. Love the nav system and backup sensors. Auto headlamps and windshield wipers are a nice touch. The rich leather and wood interior is impressive. The engine growl lets everyone know it's a Jaguar. Driving this car just feels special.

Noticeable road noise. Dash vents tend to come loose and vibrate. Interior door handles need a good tug to open. Kids will be happy in the back seat. Adults, not so much.

Privileges and Pleasures of a Jag Driver
By gentlemanrobby

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

"She" has been in my life now for almost a year after being introduced to me by a British salesman as my first car. We have endured the haterism of the Ford jokes & negativity of her brand's past failures in reliability as she continues to live up to a tradition of luxury & a quality performance automobile. Against all odds, she has performed far more better than anyone expected. Surprisingly, my most harshest critics have never driven in a Jaguar, therefore they have never experienced its distinction & luxurious feel. She's a rarity on any road. She drives through the Northeast winter storms like an SUV with her AWD capability.

The complete satisfaction she delivers to me each time i'm in the driver's seat.

I only wish 3 things: 1. That I was her first owner because i would've gotten to known her far more better than i do now. 2. She is a very thirsty car especially with a desire for Premium gas (avg. $35 a week) 3. I would've had her fully-loaded in exclusive options.