Used 2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

Beautiful Cat
By Jagged edge

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my Jag a little over a year now, its power and handling is impressive. This Jag is as beautiful inside as it is on the outside. The 3.0 handles my heavy foot. At first I did not like the AWD till driving through a heavy snow and I was then glad to have it. People who see it look then look again, and I can't help but smile and say "yes its a Jag".

everything

Problems with the beams, and replacing them is a pain.

Buy new every four years
By X owner

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my Jag used with 12,000 miles. Dealer gave us two new tires. At 22,000 had to replace all 4, this was with proper rotation schedule. Needed brakes every 30,000. It has always hated cold weather even though it was garage kept. Major hose repairs at 30,000. New battery at 60,000. Key fob still unlocks, up close. Driver door lock system had to be replaced. Drivers door panel fell off due to broken clips, twice! Not to mention the constant repair of the passenger side defroster vent so it would not rattle. Also found rust starting on hood, almost one year after rust warranty has ended. Have 78,000 miles. The engine light is on again. Trading this week. What a relief! Kept 'cause no payment.

The color and styling was awesome!

More interior leg room and head room. Jag dealer should extend warranties to cover piddly junk that falls apart constantly!

Life Long Buick Man
By Life long Buick Man

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After toying for many years with the idea of "upgrading", I couldn't get excited about anything but a Jaguar. The interior is soothingly comfortable and the exterior is exciting. This car is the smoothest, quietest car I've ever owned and the 2.5 motor will have me collecting speeding tickets if I'm not careful. I get 26 mpg around town and still look for opportunities to just get out and drive. I'm 6-2 but the interior fits me fine. I love the looks and comments I get and that it looks more expensive then it is. I can't imagine ever needing more then this - "Baby Jag" delivers!

The whole interior and exterior. I love the smooth top end acceleration too.

I don't care for the cheap center console.

Nice car... at 53 mph I get 32 mpg
By Rob

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The all wheel drive is great. When driving 53 MPH I get 32 mpg or more. Great for highway trips!

awd

car isn't in production anymore so I don't see the point...

"Experts"???
By HistoryDocBob

2003 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was an MG driver for many years and have always enjoyed the "British" feel for a car. Yes, the X-type is not a standard Jag, but with gas at $4, who would want one? This car is perfect for what we all do -- drive to work, the Metro or run a few errands. I find nothing "cheap" about the interior; the camel interior goes beautifully with the British racing green exterior. Yes, I can't get to 60 mph in 5.5 seconds, but Ford (which has a long tradition in building British cars) has put together just the right package of performance, appearance and creature comforts to make this car worth every dime. You'd be a fool to waste your money on a far more expensive German or high-end Japanese car.

Appearance, comfort of front seat, smooth engine and easy shifting (mine can drive in either manual or automatic). The brakes and 4 wheel drive did save my life one rainy day, something a buyer should think about.

None