Used 2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews - 186 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

Best car I have ever owned!
By PAT LEFF

2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Drove my baby jag for many years, loved it sooo much. Disabled now and car had sat for a while as I was unable to drive it. Made me cry like a baby to have to sell it to someone else! She was fast and Emerald Fire paint was gorgeous! Ivory interior oozed class. Before I sold it I let my grandson drive it and he just smiled and giggled the whole time, he is 12 and we may have created a little Jag fan! I regret I could not keep it forever.

Great Car
By NenaKennedy

2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car!it's one of the best cars I've ever owned. not only does it do great in the snow,but you look good driving it. I always get compliments on this car as well!

Jaguar X-Type: The Car of the Future-Today
By Richard Atkinson

2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car will set you back in your seat if you press the gas pedal half way down. I wouldn't dare press mine all the way down as the front end jumps up in the air-There is too much power, so be careful, it can get away from you. Beautiful paint (Mine is a champaign color). It's an Arizona car. It's got the injection system of the new corvettes, it's low to the ground, sleek and stylish. I'd strongly recommend this car to any serious buyer (IF you can find the X-Type Sedan). Mine was made in Germany. What a car !!!

X type 2002 2.5 automatic
By Gary Puckett

2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Happy with this beautiful car, handles & runs great, highly recommend it, but for some reason, back in December, it suddenly stops running at 2975 RPMS. We put all new coils and a new fuel pump on, made no difference. I am at loss on what to do. I am just driving it with lite foot, still runs up to 80 MPH before it hits 2975. Any body else having this problem?? [contact info removed]

Don't Buy an X-Type
By lo

2002 Jaguar X-Type Sedan 2.5 4dr AWD Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Tons of electrical problems that are not easy to figure out or fix and transmission died at 115,000 miles. Interior is average and gas mileage isnt very good. Unacceptable.