2000 Isuzu Rodeo Consumer Review: Still Going!

2000 Isuzu Rodeo - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (3.2L V6 5-speed Manual)

Still Going!
By smeeks1 on

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV

I have 118,000 miles and weve been through a lot together! When I first purchased it (had 15k miles) it had an engine switch problem, dealer had to have it towed in to repair. At about 90,000 miles I experienced electrical issues with my AC, I have to jiggle it for it to be extra cold. This does use a lot of oil for some reason, I change it religiously 2800 miles. This is my first car, I think its very easy to handle. I whip it around quite easily and never get that "tipping" feeling. The design still looks pretty good for an 8yr old car. I plan on keeping my rodeo until it dies and I dont think thats anytime soon. I would recommend it overall. Its really fun to drive, great visibility too!

Honestly I like the interior. Its dash is somewhat of the older, narrower style, a lot of new cars have big dashboards that I dont care for. Also, the cloth interior has held up very well! I steam clean it a couple times a year and it still looks brand new. My dogs are frequent passengers.

Electrical problems seem to be common, also MPG could be better, I get 17mpg if that. Oil consumption oddly high.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review