Used 2000 Isuzu Rodeo Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Isuzu Rodeo

View reviews for a specific Rodeo model:

Still Going!
By smeeks1

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV

I have 118,000 miles and weve been through a lot together! When I first purchased it (had 15k miles) it had an engine switch problem, dealer had to have it towed in to repair. At about 90,000 miles I experienced electrical issues with my AC, I have to jiggle it for it to be extra cold. This does use a lot of oil for some reason, I change it religiously 2800 miles. This is my first car, I think its very easy to handle. I whip it around quite easily and never get that "tipping" feeling. The design still looks pretty good for an 8yr old car. I plan on keeping my rodeo until it dies and I dont think thats anytime soon. I would recommend it overall. Its really fun to drive, great visibility too!

Honestly I like the interior. Its dash is somewhat of the older, narrower style, a lot of new cars have big dashboards that I dont care for. Also, the cloth interior has held up very well! I steam clean it a couple times a year and it still looks brand new. My dogs are frequent passengers.

Electrical problems seem to be common, also MPG could be better, I get 17mpg if that. Oil consumption oddly high.

Overall
By answerinstl

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV

I have put over 35K miles on my Rodeo in less than 2 years. I love this SUV. It is comfy, roomy, and economical. 95K miles currently and still going real strong with no signs of slipping. I would buy another no problems here.

Interior and attractive exterior.

Inside noise is a bit high, improve on the weatherstripping and road noise. ABS light comes on and off too- brakes work great though.

Best Looking SUV
By Chris

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

My wife and I decided to purchase a Rodeo after looking at several other SUVs. The major reason we decided on it was that it was the only vehicle we could agree on. In my opinion (which my wife gave me permission to have), it is the most muscular and attractive SUV ever built. The 3.2L V6 is not an astounding powerplant, but it is lively and reliable; it makes plenty of torque for light-duty towing and trips up the canyon, but it won't set any speed records. We have been very pleased with the simple and intelligent layout of the interior and the seats are supportive on long drives. Look for a Rodeo in a lighter color to really see the muscular fender flares and appreciate the design.

Our Rodeo has the Intelligent Suspension Management, an option I never would have sought out. I am very impressed with the way that the suspension adjusts to maintain composure under heavy loads.

I would love to have seen a 5-speed auto available, but I would settle for one of the last Rodeos which were available with a 250-HP 3.6L V6. The extra ponies would be welcome.

Great SUV
By Fernando

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV

Great mid-size SUV. No problems with the car after 5 years of owning it. Very smooth drive and very reliable. The only drawback is the fact that there's a lot of noise in the cabin and of course it consumes more fuel that I would like to but it is the price we pay for an SUV.

Eliminate cabin noise.

Excellent
By catcher10us

2000 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Have had this Rodeo since new, now almost 90k miles. Other than normal maintenance items, brakes and an intake gasket, this truck has been great. Still runs strong and honestly, was looking at something new, but nothing runs better than this. This was my third Isuzu, 2 Troopers and the Rodeo. Sorry Isuzu has given up on the US marketplace.

Better mileage, better cd change.