Used 2006 INFINITI QX56 Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific QX56 model:

Unreliable
By Katie

2006 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am very unhappy with this car. First the brakes are recalled and then the hatchback broke on the day we needed to pack for camping. The electrical goes out randomly. The car thinks the emergency brake is on when it isn't and it then skids when I come to a stop. I feel very unsafe driving it. I do love how big it is. I do love the DVD for the kids. I love the automatic lift for the hatchback. The navigation screen is totally useless. I love the back up camera. I will not be able to buy another car without it. We are breaking our lease early to get rid of this car.

Automatic lift hatchback when it is working, DVD, back up camera and beeping.

Fix the electrical. Very bumpy ride. Re-do navigation.

QX 56
By karen

The only problem I see with my qx56 is the wobbly handling when hitting a bump

the beauty of the inside and outside of this vehicle

wobbly handling when hitting a bump

"06 QX56 Vastly Superior to '04
By William Staats

2006 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I previously owned a 2004 QX56 which had two significant problems and a few minor ones. Yet it was really comfortable and absolutely great to drive on the highway. After a year and a half, I traded it in on a 2006 model, and I've been extremely happy in every respect with the new model. Obviously, early manufacturing problems and quality control issues have been resolved based on my experience. My dealer experience, although limited to scheduled maintenance visits, has been superb. The '06 QX56 is great on the road--powerful and comfortable. The interior is very well done. Gas mileage on the road is inverse to my speed. At 70 mph, I get 19.2-19.5 mpg.

Comfort, interior luxury, and handling over the road is great. I think that the price is very competitive given the outstanding features of the vehicle. The power is far more than adequate, and even the turning radius is super for such a large vehicle. The rear backup camera is wonderful.

Fuel economy with in-town driving is not real good, but that is an expected trade-off for size, power, and comfort. The steering wheel would be a bit easier to handle if it had a slightly greater diameter.

a mans vehicle
By patt

2006 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

it drives like it's the king of the road,i get a lot of head turning, i just love the big manly looking front end,or should i say grille. looks like a mean old firetruck.

rear camera, roomy interior,comfort seats, get up and go power

windows rattle, brakes shakes, better interior quality, less plastic

Better Than All
By Long Paul

2006 INFINITI QX56 4dr SUV 4WD (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This car has so much power, acceleration and is so solid and quiet. A fantastic freeway cruiser and it seats 8. Corners not much worse than my E320 Mercedes. The heated seats are nice and the split rear seat is a big plus. Tons of leg room in the second row. Pick this car over some junky American version like Cadillac or Chevy.

Front seats comfort and power, power, power!!

None