Used 1999 INFINITI QX4 Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 INFINITI QX4

View reviews for a specific QX4 model:

Love It!
By JM

1999 INFINITI QX4 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

I got this car about 3.5 years ago for my 16th birthday (I was lucky!), and I have been very pleased with it. It has taken my scrapes and dents as gracefully as possible. Mine has 132,000 miles on it (98000 when purchased) and has had little problems, but I did have to take it into the shop about a year ago and spent $600 on a mass air flow sensor and another O2 sensor along with other minor maintenance which was a big chunk of money but totally worth it. I have become attached to my QX4 and won't let anyone else drive her. I would definitely recommend ANY Infiniti for someone to buy and I will remain a lifelong fan of their quality and style.

I really love how dependable it is. My mother owns 2 Infinitis and my sister owns one as well so I knew mine would be very dependable like theirs are. I really like the yellow fog lights as well. Mine is beginning to show age, but is still a great looking vehicle.

As expected from a ten year old SUV, the gas mileage is not great. The best I have gotten was 19mpg running it on the interstate, which is not too bad for such a heavy car. Also, the car does not have very much engine power, but does great once you build up speed on the interstate or highway.

Once is enough.
By Honest John

1999 INFINITI QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

Great looking, quality construction, poor gas mileage, very underpowered. No real repairs until 120,000 miles, since then repair cost more than two thousand five hundred dollars. I would not buy this car again due to poor gas mileage and lack of engine power.

Interior and exterior looks. Sound system.

More power and better gas mileage.

Great SUV
By Ken

1999 INFINITI QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a really well built SUV. Previous owner had zero problems since buying new and had all records. There was a small front seal leak at 125K but these were replaced prior to purchase as well as the water pump just as a precaution. Very quiet and smooth compared to its Pathfinder sibling.

Quiet smooth ride, Bose stereo.

Discontinued, but the lack of fold flat rear seats is a huge oversight.

By Linda

1999 INFINITI QX4 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

I have owned this QX4 almost 10 years and aside from routine maintenance it has only been to the shop 3 times, you can't beat that. It is sharp and sleek looking, very eye-catching on the hi-way. I wish INFINITI would consider making the QX4 again, I would be one of the first in line because of its reliability.

Sound System, Interior design, Sleek looking, Reliability

GAS MILEAGE

Great car going to miss it
By tw0000

1999 INFINITI QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

Loved this car since I bought it and was sad when I just sold it. Only thing I had to replace was one o2 sensor (outside of the normal fluid, brakes and tires). Did it myself and only cost me $80.

Gas mileage was pretty bad, but worth it.