Used 1999 INFINITI QX4 Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 INFINITI QX4 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX4 model:

One of Japans Finest 4x4's
By NissanFan84

1999 INFINITI QX4 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

Pros: Refinement, Reliability/Durability, Build Quality, Smooth on road, Very Capable off road (All Mode 4x4), Strong HVAC, Everything still works after 18 years & many miles, VG33 Engine is refined & smooth Cons: Fuel Economy, headlight performance, Could use more power, VG33 engine gets loud when revved

Not bad spent $1,200
By william sawyer

1999 INFINITI QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this SUV, paid $1,200. People did transmission flush, brakes front, back, front struts. I bought new stereo system, kicker amp. speakers. Pioneer head unit. tire's - big-o, oxygen sensor. I have not been in snow yet, plan too soon. No break downs in the two years I've had it. All I need to do it replace timing belt has 210,000 miles now

From a children author-William2233

I love this SUV, hate to give it up!!!!
By charorleans

1999 INFINITI QX4 4dr SUV 4WD (1999.5)

This SUV is amazing it!!! I purchased this SUV in 2005 at the time it had 104k miles on it I'm still driving this SUV with 322k miles on it and counting! It has survived Hurricane Katrina in 2005, a wreck in 2007 and I've never replaced the timing belt as of yet! I regular have my oil change, yearly maintenance and I replace one oxygen sensor.

Its leaking oil at this point but I've traveled back and forth in this SUV from New Orleans<La. to Dallas, TX for over 6 years now! I hate to give it up but I will eventually it's not idling correctly anymore. I'm impressed you were able to sell it with those miles on it. I am skeptical anyone would want to purchase it with the miles and minor issues it has but kudos to you! I'm looking into purchasing a BMW X 5 or Benz ML350 which seems to have bad reviews but I want to buy the vehicle I desire opposed to one that's economical I know it sounds crazy but I want to live it up and not settle...

The SUV that CAN NOT be killed!!!!

I love the style of the SUV its two toned colored, its roomy enough for traveling and durabale!

The truck that can't be killed.
By jaggi

1999 INFINITI QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

I got a Qx4 when I started school, it had 280,000 km on at at that time. Well, I drove it for three years without doing *any* maintenance at all except wiper blades.
It was at 320 then, and I had to get the front brakes done. While I was there the mechanic said I should get the timing belt done too, he said they are supposed to be done every 100k and this one had never been replaced.

I finished school and told myself I would drive it until it died and then buy a new car.
Three years went by and it never died. I had to replace one oxygen sensor and they fiddled with a wire once because of a nock sensor. I sold it 2 weeks ago at 367k (kilometers) and I can't believe how it held its value!

Nice interior styling, CD player sounds amazing, AWD took me through stuff that the city bus was getting stuck in.

Rust formed on the driver side but this was over a period of 6 years and it still wasn't bad when I sold it. Not much power as compared to other vehicles but still enough to keep up with traffic. Gas mileage not terrible, not great.

One of the best cars I have owned
By egghead

1999 INFINITI QX4 4dr SUV 4WD

I have a second home in Mammoth Lakes CA average 330 inches of snow a year. It is 320 miles from LAX. I have owned this car for 11 years and have 128000 miles. Just change the fluids and belts at 95000 and its runs better than it did when it was new. Started using Amsoil and now get 19mpg on the highway. Car should go 300,000 easily if maintained. Best snow car ever!!!

Never needs chains for snow even on years when there is 600 inches + I am sorry that Infiniti stopped making this car in 2003, but I bought another for my wife in 2003 with more horsepower.

More horsepower and better braking system like the Porsche Cayenne.