Used 1998 INFINITI Q45 Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Q45 model:

Best Car ever made
By Eddie

1998 INFINITI Q45 4dr Sedan

I have had my Infiniti Q45 for 10 years. It has 190,000 miles on it and the only thing that has ever been wrong (other than standard maintenance) on it is the alternator at 135,000 miles. It is simply an amazing vehicle and is a VERY underrated vehicle. I finally bought a new Nissan this year but gave the Q45 to my 16 yr old daughter. After 4 months, I want my Q45 back! Best car Ever!

Reliable V8 Engine.

None

Superb Ride
By Superb

1998 INFINITI Q45 4dr Sedan

I must confess that I was a HUGE Lexus fan and have owned the LS 400 and GS 400. Unfortunately I totaled my GS and we didn't want a car note, and couldn't find another GS that matched our price point. So, my husband bought the '98 Q for me and told me that I would not be disappointed. Well, how sweet it is! What a beautiful ride and it moves quickly when I need it to. A whole lot of power and luxury for very little cost. It is definitely an under rated vehicle. After owning Lexus V8s, this Q can role just as hard, if not harder! Oh and I forgot to mentioned that it currently has 138,000 miles on it.

The acceleration, the silky ride and overall comfort.

Minimize the wind noise. The moonroof is nice, but I miss not having a sunroof.

The Jewel of Jewels
By Ed

1998 INFINITI Q45 4dr Sedan

I bought my Q45 10 years ago and it now has 188,000 miles on it. I am amazed at the reliability of this vehicle. It is far and away the best car I've ever owned. It still runs perfectly- like new today. I keep waiting for something major to go wrong so I can justify trading it in but it continues to run and operate perfectly. It handles well, is very comfortable, powerful and quiet. The only item that ever failed was the alternator at 125,000 miles. I just need to tell the world that this car is the UNBELIEVABLY reliable. I am finally considering trading it in only because I've had it for 10 years and I want something different. I'm sure I'll be disappointed with it's replacement. Its a 10!

I can rest my elbow on the console and operate the radio, controls and shifter. I also like the Bose stereo and the memory seat and retracting steering wheel. The ride is smooth, acceleration is strong and handling is good. My favorite feature is the unbelievable reliability! It is a jewel!

I don't like have to push a button on the dash to turn on cruise control.

Sweet
By Gegose

1998 INFINITI Q45 4dr Sedan

Just bought my brother-in-law's Infiniti after watching him enjoy it for 10 years. Love driving it. Love the interior feel, the sturdiness of the car, the immaculate condition. Love the feeling of luxury. Looking forward to keeping it another 10 years.

Interior wood, sound. Smooth Ride. Gold color. Silent interior. Brand. Roomy. Leather quality. Visibility is just right.

Gas mileage, no sound controls on the steering wheel, fuel efficiency, trunk is small.

Still impressed
By fivelights

1998 INFINITI Q45 Touring 4dr Sedan

Now I'm up to about 175,000 miles. Check engine light is on which is emissions. Air bag light came on, which means one of the 6 airbags is malfunctioning. Other than this, my car has always been able to run without any problems. Never broke down on side of the road. Last week the dash board lit up like a Xmas tree. I sat on the car for 3 months afraid of the cost to take it it. Well I drove it to the shop and it was just the alt belt that snapped. 100 bucks. Outside of brakes rotors battery and oil change. This is the only repair that I had to make in the 5 +years of ownership. Even then I was still able to drive the car.

Sound system. Smoothest ride ever. Driver comfort.

BIGGER TRUNK. This car is bigger than my SUV, but its all engine. Not a whole lot of back seat space or trunk space. Trunk deep but very small