Used 2011 INFINITI M37 Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific M37 model:

Fantastic
By mbzfan06

2011 INFINITI M37 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Upgrade from 2009 M35 to the M37S. Better suspension and steering. Better gas milage. Typical Infiniit high quality fit,
finish, and material. Best looking 4dr sedan out there. Great software and GPS. Hook up to my cheapy Motorola cell was flawless. 16 speaker Bose above average , but my Mercedes HK is better.... but thats about all the Merc has over my Infiniti. 20 inch tires get noisy over 70mph, otherwise all is quiet. Hard to beat 330hp hooked up to a smooth 7 speed. Ahead of its class compared to Lexus, Mercedes and BMW.

Overall software package/dash layout is perfect. Great GPS. Sharp responsive steering. Like the selectable driving Modes(ECO and Standard selections are effective trade-offs) My bluetooth works great compared to all the complaints on this board about iPads. Tranny and shifting are smooth and well timed. Controlled shifting is fun and effective. 20inch tires/rim are awesome looking, plus their handling advantage vrs the bit stiffer/noisy ride. Memory seats and motorized folding mirrors are nice.

Noise level high over 70mph is an issue with the 20 inch tires. I can't seem to find a car with comfy seats..fine on the back, but my bottom seems to sink in a seat hole and support on the thighs is too high... looking for a good pillow. Blind Spot warning should be standard on these cars. I don't have lane changing, but think it would be a distraction.

M37 trade up
By egbob

2011 INFINITI M37 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Traded in my 2 year old G37 for a new M37. Loved the G, but too little space. So the M should be a good compromise.

Love the car! Honestly, I don't have any of the issues I've seen in other posts, like I'm driving a different car or something. IPhone 3GS synced flawlessly,no reception issues. Copied in my address book, no issues. IPod Nano works perfectly. Excellent NAV, no issues.

Tested the Lexus IS, ES and GS. Boring. BMW 5 also, couldn't get excited. Love the room and comfort of the M. 6'5",I need like the space, and only Nissan
built cars have the leg room. Quiet also. Not the acceleration of the G, but a good compromise of handling, size and space.People notice the car.

Really good display and NAV, puts my wife's new RX350 to shame. Seats comfortable, love the heating and cooling. Lots of compliments on the interior wood. Stylish interior and exterior.

Steering wheel audio controls seem clustered together, especially compared to the G. Call waiting on the IPhone.

First Model Year Blues
By PRS

2011 INFINITI M37 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this loaded Sports Package M37 after owning an M35 for 5 years. The M35 was the best car I ever owned. The M37 feels like it was rushed out by Infiniti in an attempt to get a prettier looking car on the market quickly. Furthermore the M35 was cheaper than many of its competitors and the new model loaded comes in on the expensive side of the competition. I've had many problems with the car already some pretty major. Major flaws were apparent in the GPS after using it for 30 min. I was stupefied that Infiniti put the car on the road without these kinks worked out. Apparently I hear there's a lack of processing power needed to run the GPS properly. I expect more from Infiniti.

Interior look. Ipod interface (although I'm told it won't interface with newer iPods). Blind spot detection. Collision detection.

Transmission is clunky. GPS needs work. Traffic info loads very slowly. Ext Temp gauge is WAY off. Noise reduction tech can be noisy itself. Bluetth quality poor. Seats not as adjustable as prior model. Sun visors don't fully open. Auto wiper is hard to adjust. Seat heater knobs hard to see.

Disappointing performance
By SteveS

2011 INFINITI M37 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Too often when I step on the gas hard, I get a long lag before the car accelerates. When that happens, it feels like 160 hp not 330 hp. Other times it's fine but I can't rely on adequate acceleration to move quickly onto to the highway or to pass cars. When I slow down, the transmission jerks as it downshifts and sometimes unexpectedly actually upshifts jerking the car forward. Infiniti service said that there was nothing they could do -- the car was designed this way.

2011 M37x /Premium & Technology Packages
By dieter

2011 INFINITI M37 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Outstanding performance and handling. Clear & large gauges that are well lighted day or night.User friendly electronics with a well designed touch screen interface as well as large buttons at well placed locations.I highly recommend this vehicle to seniors like myself who have difficulty with the gauges in cars like the E350 or 535i.I drove the E350 in early sun light and could not read the speedometer. The BMW uses red and orange lighting that is difficult for older eyes.

Performance and the easy to understand and see interior controls and gauges.

Rear visibility while driving is poor due to the rather high rear window deck. Not a problem while backing up with the excellent optional rear view camera.I suspect the syncing of my IPhone 4 will be a problem as well based on other user feedback.