Used 2006 INFINITI M35 Consumer Reviews - 212 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 INFINITI M35

View reviews for a specific M35 model:

Bought M35Sport used with 28k miles
By funnn25

2006 INFINITI M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I paid $25k and traded my 07' bmw 335 sport with 48k miles for $24k. Interior: M35 winner Exterior: M35 winner (more chrome accents) Performance: BMW 335 winner Audio: Tie Road Noise: BMW 335 winner Accessories: M35 winner (keyless start, back up camera) Comfort: M35 Maintenance: BMW 335 before 50k miles since BMW pays for all maintenance but after M35 is the winner, also 335 needs new rear tires every 6 months at $250 per tire Winner: M35 if you want luxury and 335 if you want pure performance.

Push button start, bluetooth, 6 disc changer, AC front seats, luxurious leather seats, chrome 5 spoke wheels, chrome exterior accents

IPOD integration, a little less road noise, brakes make the car seem a little heavy, acceleration can be jerky at times

Incredible car/affordable used
By Mick

2006 INFINITI M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The M35 is the hands down winner that delivers an excellent balance of price, reliability, performance and features. For some reason, the M35's first two years of depreciation is greater than most other luxury cars making used models very affordable. Why? I have no idea; the M35 one of the best sedans on the market. It is likely you can find this model about 2 years old at less than half of original MSRP. I purchased mine about a year ago (8/2008) and it is still under full factory warranty (5/60 b2b, 6/70 pwrtrain). O2 sensor replacement was the only warranty job performed to date. No other issues. An all around incredible car.

1. A/C seats 2. voice activated nav/blue tooth phone 3. B/U camera 4. 14 speaker BOSE 5. 6-cd/mp3/wma (130- 180 songs per CD) 6. Intelligent cruise 7. Adaptive headlights 8. Lane departure sensors

Lane depart sensors sensitive on side streets, does well highways. No scrolling text on display screen (name and title can be cut off if longer than 12 characters). Cooling seats could take long at very hot ambient temps. No touch screen ipod connection on '06 ('09+ does).

The REAL 4 Door Sports Car
By Steve C

2006 INFINITI M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After comparing the E350, 530 and GS 300, the Infiniti soared over all challengers. Reliability, performance, features, etc. Drove the base model first, ended up buying the Sport. This M is a sports car by every definition. Quick, responsive & confident. I took a freeway on ramp cloverleaf @ 50 and the 245/40/19's didn't even chirp. Nissan needs to share its TM'd 4DSC title with its cousin! The road noise and feel are detractors if you expect or desire a smooth and quiet ride, and maybe I will tire of the firmness and noise. All I know is that now I drive it every chance I get, even though I bought it for my wife! More than ample room in the front and rear seats along with the trunk.

Has to be the handling. The Infiniti grips the road like no other car I have owned. I also love the styling and lights. Just a great looking car. I don't know why I don't see them more on the road.

I would say MPG, but I'm sure I would sacrifice power, and that's not a trade I would be willing to make. Also, doesn't seem to have an auto locking mechanism which I found odd. Lastly, and probably most importantly, a 6th and/or 7th gear. That would quiet most of the MPG complaints.

M35 reliability
By aseetpatel

2006 INFINITI M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is solid, I just finished 4 years with it and am heading into year 5. I saw a couple posts regarding a rattle - I had it too and just figured out last year that it was the intermittent wiper speed turn handle. I also had trouble with the hands free phone and the dealer put in the same mic that the newer ones have and it works ok. Having gone thru a wide variety of cars (2 acuras, 1 BMW, 1 Lexus, 1 Cadillac, 1 olds Aurora) I have to say this by far has been my best experience.

overall experience, drive, interior design, value

Better gas mileage - I think they address this in 09 with better tranny and eng upgrade.

Most car for your buck
By Will

2006 INFINITI M35 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I spent months looking for my next luxury sedan, but I fell in love with the M35 as soon as I saw it. Sleek, not flashy exterior complements a roomy, comfy interior loaded with technology. Sound system is awesome (14 bose speakers), and 6 cd player plays data cds too, very useful. Nav sytem, dvd player, push start ignition, heated/cooled seats, the list goes on. The backup cam is the best on the market right now. The 280hp provides plenty of kick, and the AWD and snow mode features truly shine in the snowy New England weather I live with. Overall a very smooth ride, and very fun. Low maintenance, but Infiniti service is somewhat expensive. Absolutely the best car for the amount I spent.

Back up camera, intelligent cruise control, killer Bose sound system, adaptive front headlights, intuitive control layout.

Touch screen Nav, music hard drive and easier ipod connectivity, all of which they added to the next year's models. Some people complain the engine and outside noise is a little loud, comparatively. Frankly, I love the sound of the engine, and the 14 speakers tend to drown out outside noise easily.