Used 2006 INFINITI M35 Consumer Reviews - 212 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 INFINITI M35

View reviews for a specific M35 model:

Reliable, Fun To Drive
By StillaYankee

2006 INFINITI M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After having to finally give up my 94 Q45a 2 years ago I searched for months for a car that would fill the void. Had my heart set on a GS but a dealer recommendation convinced me on the M35 Sport and I'm so glad he did. The car handles great, the ride is reasonably quiet (probably quieter than most reviews but you can hear the tires when the radio isn't on) and the power is amazing for a 6 cylinder. I do wish they had added an extra gear or 2 like others have commented as getting the same mileage as my 10 year old Q wasn't expected. If I just travel on the Interstate I can squeeze out 21-22 mpg if I drive like my wife. Don't expect more than 20-25k on the tires.

Seats, build quality, acceleration, push button start, ac front seats (though my kids wish the rear seats had it too!), backup camera, trunk space (enough for 2 large baseball gear bags, bucket of balls, team bag & cooler!)

Hopefully Infiniti has improved the quality of the voice nav system. It sometimes doesn't understand a street name but recognizes others that I'd think it wouldn't. Increased gas mileage is a MUST.

Best Bargain in the Luxury Category
By Tim

2006 INFINITI M35 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far, our 2006 M35X has far exceeded our expectations. The interior especially, is something that needs to be seen and used to be appreciated. Out of all the gizmos and gadgets controlled by the center console and LCD screen, it is somehow still very easy and convenient to use. The seats are supportive and "sporty" while still being a very comfortable place to spend the afternoon. Performance from the 3.5 V6 is more than adequate, although it isn't an adrenaline pumping muscle car, of course. Best way to describe it is "deceptively fast". It never slams you in the seat, but 80 mph happens quickly and very easily. Overall, there aren't many negatives I can say about the car.

Our car is equipped with the "technology" and "journey" package, which loads it up nicely. The intelligent cruise control is probably my favorite feature, which uses radar to follow a user preset distance behind the car ahead of you. It even applies brakes when the car ahead slows. Very cool.

Only 3 complaints (which are related). First, this car could really use a 6th gear for the highway (75 mpg = 3000+ RPM). Second, the engine noise at cruising speed can be somewhat loud. Third, the fuel economy seems poor, at around 23 mpg. A more relaxed highway gear would probably cure all these.

A lot of bang for the buck.
By Michael

2006 INFINITI M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After driving my 2006 M35 Sport for a month I am really happy. The ride is very smooth and much quieter than the reviews make out. The seats are extremely comfortable and the engine has more than enough power for my needs. For being a 4 year old car, there is only one minor rattle coming from somewhere near the glove box and that is intermittent. On the downside, the center stack controls do take some getting used to and the gas mileage is not great. I'm averaging about 21 mpg. Overall this really is a great car, fun to drive, and with distinctive looks.

Seats, styling, power, solid build quality.

Less complicated center console controls. Improved gas mileage.

Best Luxury Sedan for the Money
By REG

2006 INFINITI M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I leased my M for 39 months and it was nearly perfect in every way. Solid performance, ultra comfort, every feature you can think of (and more), and as reliable as they get. No defects whatsoever, and OK gas mileage (22.5 mpg). I'm waiting for the next gen M which will be another killer and, supposedly, a hot hybrid as well.

Ride quality, acceleration, lots of toys, great (Bose) sound system, total reliability.

Nothing comes to mind.

Great But
By AEL

2006 INFINITI M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car is very good BUT there are some things that are ridiculous. The one that is driving me nuts and is dangerous and cannot be fixed is the Phone/navigation system. Some over paid fool allowed it that when you are on the cars blue tooth phone (incoming volume to low) the Map screen switches to a display telling you on the phone. The Map cannot be shown unless you get off the phone. So if you are using the Navigation system and you get or place a call you have to pull off the road until you've finished your conversation. There so far is no fix - its part of the design.

Seats, cruise control, Keyless entry

Phone / Navigation screen, Gas Mileage.