Used 2013 INFINITI JX SUV Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 INFINITI JX SUV

View reviews for a specific JX model:

what a mistake
By krasinski

2013 INFINITI JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought this car new, and finally traded it in at 18 months of continuous warranty issues. Our vehicle spent over two months in the service department for miscellaneous issues. They were not major mechanical problems, but more trim and interior build issues. Called to try and exchange on Lemon law, but was denied and told that there is a warranty on the vehicle for these types of issues. We really liked the safety features, but the loaners don't always have them and we spent just too much time in service.

List on this vehicle was 57,000, trade in $35,000.
We were happy to get rid of the vehicle and promise to never buy an Infiniti again.

Buy something other than an Infiniti.

Questionable build quality
By yossarian7

2013 INFINITI JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

New rear brakes and rotors at 22k miles ($500), new front tires at 20k miles (no tread warranty on OEM Bridgestones) (another $500), trim that routinely falls off, weather stripping that won't stay on (as if someone forgot to glue it). Underpowered. Crappy CVT. I am shocked at lack of build quality. I would not buy again. I understand from Consumer Reports that the sister-car Nissan Pathfinder is also substandard.

Interior space.

Let Toyota or Honda build it.

CVT Transmission issue
By goshin

2013 INFINITI JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love my 2013 except for the CVT transmission issues I've been having ever since I picked up my car. It "shuttered" from the first month, through and into the 10 month. My local Infinity dealer finally had a tech ride with me and he felt the significant "shuttering" that I experienced. The dealer was very good about trying to help and even replaced the transmission, per their Infinity service people. But still it persists. I'm done with it. Too bad too - nice car.

Fix the CVT transmission issues. I owned a Nissan Murano a few years back with a CVT transmission and loved the car, and never had an issue.

Disaster JX35
By grtgrk

2013 INFINITI JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Our new JX 35 upon delivery wipers did not work. Then recalled for rotor or front end problem. Then on 10/20/13 electrical system failed entirely. Towed to dealer on 11/5/13 upon return from a trip to CA. Now 11/10/13 and no sign of repair ever being completed. Had been told 2 days now 8days !! Contacted Infiniti USA and requested replacement with a brand new comparable vehicle. Beielve that by now Infiniti should have contaced dealership to authorize buy back trade. We are willing to go MSRP by MRSP differential as a fair basis for a replacement with at least the same accessories.

Appearance only! Zero on performance! The electronics are the hart of this vehicle and should never fail!!

Better Customer service and willingness to buy back a defective new car under 10 months old with under 5,000 miles to ascertain what caused the problem and what action could prevent any future occurance. Simply good business practise!!

Passenger air bags are part time.
By ron118

2013 INFINITI JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was told to move to move around in the seat by the dealer. In 20 miles the light did not go off until we stopped the car and restarted it.

Is Infiniti waiting for a class action law suit?

Beware of this problem your sales rep won't tell you.