Used 2000 INFINITI I30 Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

Infiniti 2000 I130 Touring
By PJ Mcewan

2000 INFINITI I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I thought this car would be like wearing sturdy shoes, good for me but no fun. I was wrong. After 7 years of driving, I still love this car. It is mannerly, strong, reliable, actually fun to drive, delivers power as needed, and the styling actually looks good to me now. I guess true friends always look attractive.

Reliability, it's well-mannered handling, plus the little goodies like seat memory, great headlamp lighting, a huge trunk that has a passthrough compartment, although I don't haul anything that long in my pretty car.

I think the interior could be refined just a bit more, more continuity in design.

Dependable
By Mike

2000 INFINITI I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

The Infiniti I30t is a very dependable car and very fun to drive. I am the second owner of the vehicle. When I bought it the car had 56,000 mi and now has 150,000 mi. Because it is a touring edition to do ride comfort and turning radius because of the stiff suspension. The car is very safe. I t-boned someone and the car crushed in all of the right places. Thank God it wasn't totalled. I am still driving and I drive it like I hate it. I plan to get over 300,000 mi. out of this car.

My favorite features have to be the sound system and xenon headlights.

Two great improvements especially for the touring edition would be an optional manual and a hand brake rather than the emergency brake on the floor. Makes it a little hard to drift and do 180's. ;-)

Gets the luxury basics right
By windowphobe6

2000 INFINITI I30 4dr Sedan

This car is just crammed full of features, and yet it doesn't look cluttered: everything makes sense, and everything works the way it should. It may look Japanese generic on the outside, but I'm grateful for the restraint: I'm not anxious to be noticed, especially in a car where sudden bursts to 90-plus mph are so effortless. It's not quite as tossable as, say, the current Infiniti G, but it's a good way to get into the Infiniti Experience for next to nothing.

When you pull the key, the seat backs up to make it easier to get out; when you put it back in, the seat returns to a preset position. (Or another one, if you have two drivers.) The Bose audio system is great for classical, maybe less so for pop/rock.

Halfway through this model year they took out the daytime brightness adjustment on the electroluminescent gauge panel; there are times when the fixed brightness isn't quite enough.

Wife's trash is my treasure...
By Ron

2000 INFINITI I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

Took 00 I30t from wife, for whom I just bought silky-smooth, quiet 07 Lexus ES 350 because she hates noisy, bumpy I30 that she drove 6 yrs. I love this deal! (So does she!) I value perf, handling, luxury & style, which I30 has plenty. High wind noise is no issue because I play loud metal on excellent Bose stereo. Wife treated it like baby, garaged it, so it's immaculate. After recent extensive prev maint, fixing silly trash can lid dash compartment, & installing hi-perf tires, it's LIKE NEW. Other than bad alt & occaisional coil misfire (we replaced all coils), it has been very reliable. Interior is spacious and luxurious. My car status is now excellent! I plan to drive it many more years.

Great handling, adequate power, dynamite Bose stereo, plenty interior space, fine luxury wood & leather, comfortable seats, elegant analog clock, powerful brakes, cool spoiler & chrome rims.

Very bad wind noise and bumpy ride (my Galant was far quieter and somewhat smoother), no front reading lamps, dumb dash "trash" compartment, had to have moonroof window tinted, "uncertain" transm, has memory for driver seat but not side mirrors, undercarriage cover fell off, steering wheel squeaks.

Like sands through the hourglass
By jeh255

2000 INFINITI I30 4dr Sedan

Bought my car new and mostly liked the quality. Had the brake trouble listed in the forum and it was corrected early on. Since 50,000 (now 55,000) the car is like a "problem time bomb", alternator, power seat, oxygen sensor. All expensive repairs. these are all problems reported in the problems solution and reported in service bulletins. Should I buy another Infiniti? I expected more for the price I paid. I didn't think cars failed at 50,000 miles anymore.Should the manufacturer take some responsibility for their product? I think so.

Roomy with a great stereo

fix these parts so that they are reliable. make your product supplier stand behind them, just like Nissan should stand behind their product.