Used 2000 INFINITI I30 Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

Ehhh....
By Patrick

2000 INFINITI I30 4dr Sedan

Got this used w/ 200k miles. Engine light was on, showing P0430, P0400, and something else. The car is pretty rough mechanically, and needs a lot of work. The engine and transmission are still great, after 10 years and 200k miles. I changed the spark plugs and the check engine light went off, only to come back on a day later. Has weird exhaust noise (prob not the cat conv.) and the struts were completely shot (got those replaced) and I think the mass airflow sensor is bad. A common problem on this car. Overall, it's a nice vehicle, but if you're buying used, plan on spending some money on repairs. At least $1000...

Great stereo, leather, memory seat positions, great HVAC, and good seating position. Interior is nice but still kind of chintzy, and power sun shade. I would have preferred factory tint over something that can break.

Favorite All Time
By Sue B

2000 INFINITI I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle after hearing a friend rave about how much they loved theirs. I previously owned a Mercedes and was afraid I might compare and come up short. No way. This car has exceeded my expectations. I have 145,000 miles on it and have had only minor repairs (battery, alternator, brake pads, front struts)in addition to regular tune up and oil changes. It has developed a little "attitude" in the cold weather after sitting idle all night, I have to warm it up several minutes before driving otherwise it will stall, can't seem to find anyone who knows what is causing that.

The one touch window controls, rear window shade,lumbar support on driver's seat, heated seats, sunroof, generous cup holders, cavernous back seat and trunk space, very reliable engine all make this car a dream.

Turning radius, maybe better gas mileage. I average 22 miles per gal in the city.

Time to let go
By AMH

2000 INFINITI I30 4dr Sedan

Bought new and, even though I am not a "car" person, thought it was the best looking car I had ever seen. It has not cost me anything more than batteries or tires in all of its years. Under warranty the moon roof needed repair and one of the catalytic converters (SES) needed replacement. However, the car now has 97K and has needed a new radiator and another catalytic converter (there are 4), has developed a transmission leak, needs a new starter and the AC has stopped working (all in 2 months!!!). I really like this car but it is time to move on...

Love the visibility---almost no blind spots. Love the acceleration when it is needed.

Since this model is no longer made, it really doesn't matter. Would have liked a compass, but now that there are GPS's not really important.

Good Car For The Money!
By Jason

2000 INFINITI I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I turned in my 2005 Infiniti FX 35 for the Infiniti I30t with 65335 miles (Nov. 28, 2009). I was impressed with the handling and comfort. However, still adjusting to the "low" height and sports car feel.

Great for a while
By Darrell

2000 INFINITI I30 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used with 30k miles and had no problems until I reached 55k and the drivers electric seat stopped working. At 70k the ignition coils went out and at 90k the starter had to be replaced. I looked on some blogs and found all of these to be common problems. I see that at 100K I should expect all my instrumentation lights to go out and the check engine light to keep coming on. I have spent over $3500 in repairs so I'm now looking to buy a new car that will be under a warranty. I can't afford to keep paying for costly repairs on a once great car.

Sun roof, stereo, roomy trunk.

Replace all the defective equipment/parts since everyone is having the same problems.