1999 INFINITI I30 Consumer Review: My first luxury car

1999 INFINITI I30 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

My first luxury car
By JSWIFT on

1999 INFINITI I30 4dr Sedan

I was in the market for a new car ever since my dodge neon went into early retirement after 5 years of service. I was originally considering a lexus GS 300, Lexus ES 300, or an Acura 3.5 RL. But then I saw this black 1999 I30 on the lot of a local used car lot and was impressed by it. I quickly purchased it and I am glad I did. Its 190 hp v6 feels as powerful as the 227 hp v6 in the newer I30s. The gauges and interior are similar to the newer I30s. Even with rising fuel costs this car can take about $45.00 worth of gas. The Bose stereo is okay but lacking compared to the newer Maximas and I30s. Overall a great value for a low mileage car under $10,000

The v6 engine, the gauges, the newer style tailights, leather interior, heated seats, digital climate control, sunroof, fuel economy, power locks, windows etc. It has a timing chain instead of a timing belt which you find in a lot of cars these days.

The Bose stereo needs more bass like the newer Bose stereos found in todays luxury cars. Other than that I cannot find that many flaws with the I30.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review