Used 2006 INFINITI G35 Coupe Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

A blast to drive
By Jason Hearn

2006 INFINITI G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Acceleration is nice but could use a little more in gears 1-3. Passing is no problem and taking corners is fun as the car just sticks to the road. The shifting is a little unrefined and you really feel it in both the stick and the clutch. Overall comfort is nice and you sit nice and low to the ground. Drink holders on the manual are not in the easiest place to reach and drinks can get in the way when your shifting.

Drop dead looks, exhaust note to die for, great handling except on rough roads due to low profile tires. Good sounding stock stereo.

Solve creaking noises due to body flexing,they're everywhere.

Performance + Reliable
By BlownVQ

2006 INFINITI G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Very Reliable, never had to use the warranty. You will eventually get used to the stock 298hp. Add a turbo or Supercharger and these cars are the best bang for the buck reliable luxury sports car available for under 30k! Getting in and out of the back seat is not really intended for adults, but thats not why your reading this review is it? My Vortech supercharged G35 gets 18mpg city 23mpg highway, really good for 400+hp and its just about stock mpg! (Depends on how you drive)

Reliability HID headlights MP3 6Disc Exterior Styling

Needs BMW 335i torque, and swagger. Manual gear box is less refined than BMW.

For Driving Enthusiast
By Jake

2006 INFINITI G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2006 A/T coupe. Purchased in 4/09 for $23K with 27K miles. Since it's important to know what kind of person is writing the review: 24 years old, no kids, fresh out of college, girlfriend and no house payments. Also have a 95 Acura Integra 2dr. This car is perfect for anyone looking for an amazing sports car that is a great everyday driving vehicle. This thing handles and performs so well that I was able to keep up with two friends on sport bikes on a twisty back road. I researched cars for months trying to find something that was what I wanted for a reasonable price. I looked in to the Audi, BMW 3 and Lexus IS 250. This car for the price won hands down.

PERFORMANCE!!! Handles, great, amazing brakes, more power then you need, Exhaust note, Intelligent Key (best tech ever), comfortable seats that hug you (although I am 5'8 165 lbs, so take that into consideration), Exterior looks get peoples attention. Bluetooth phone, memory seats and BOSE audio.

Like everyone says gas mileage is poor, I am getting about 21 mpg with 40/60 city to highway driving. Trunk space is poor, but I can fit a golf bag among other things. I have heard tire wear is an issue but have only had the car for 2 months and the tires are new.

LOVE IT
By Dan

2006 INFINITI G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for about a year now and I still love it. This car is not for everyone. If you typically drive SUVs or Accords you will hate this car. If you are an enthusiast you will never want to get out of it. Some people may have only bought it because of its sexy look and are not people who want a driver's car. It has loud tires, stiff ride and is small. In return you get a car with tight, predictable handling and a sweet exhaust note that will always put a smile on your face.

Styling, exhaust note, tight handling with excellent body control, powerful engine, LSD, shift action (the only car I have driven that I like better is the S2000), gage cluster that adjusts with steering wheel, clear and crisp Bose system, anchor like brakes

Tire noise, heavy (though it still handles well), poor bass response from Bose, chews through (very expensive) tires, interior rattles, uncommon tire sizes (a Nissan signature), no audio player inputs, orange interior lights, slow front seat position return

G35 has opened my eyes
By Cowher

2006 INFINITI G35 Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got this car after my 2006 Audi TT 225 Quattro's transmission died 3 times in one month. I bought it because I liked the new nissan 6cyl altima coupe. This was just as nice and was a large percent cheaper. I have owned saab, Audi and many other euro cars. For the price this car gives great performance looks and reliability. I put hankook ipike snow tires on it and I have powered through some of the worst new England snow storms this winter with ease. All in all when this car is dead I will most likely get another or go to the G37. I love this car!

Comfort, power, reliability, and the pure joy of driving this car. Man I love this car!

Harder paint (scratches easy), different display color, maybe blue. I just don't like orange