Used 2003 INFINITI G35 Consumer Reviews - 857 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 INFINITI G35

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

Best dollar for dollar vehicle on the market
By mbohn2

2003 INFINITI G35 4dr Sedan w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

There are known flaws with any vehicle on the market.
The 1st gen G35 is known for the AC/Radio control going out, which is not all that big of a deal to have to fix if you know what your doing.
With that being said, I bought my 2003 G35 sedan in mid 2012 with 154,000 miles on it.
Very high milage for a used car, so I expected to have some problems.
The first thing I did was change every drop of fluid in the car, spark plugs, brake pads, wiper blades, ect.
to ensure everything would be in good working order, and the car hasnt let me down yet.
A respectable 260 HP gets you up and moving to your cruising speed.
It has an extremely comfortable cabin with plenty of room for all.

Comfortable cabin. Easy to read gauge cluster. Large center console area with easy to use shifter (none of that zig zag patterns like Toyota and Mazda use). Hidden features most people dont realize they have (you can roll down the windows by clicking and holding unlock twice on the key FOB). Plenty of trunk cargo room. Reclining rear seats; great for getting comfy on long trips. RWD puts power to the ground immediately. Smooth transmission shifts. True 4300K HID headlights.

I wish Infiniti would have put true lower bumper fog lights on the G35 sedan. The 1st Gen. sedans have fog lights that are built into the main head lamps, which just dont give me the look that I want. Also, I wish the lower front and rear bumpers, as well as the side skirts, would have been painted to mach the car. Which they did change on the 2004 models. The double din headunit with the JDM AC control adapter was a nice way to add a touch screen monitor cleanly to the dash. Plenty of performance mods, styling, and other options are out there for those that are interested.

Very fun to drive!
By drunkenironox

2003 INFINITI G35 4dr Sedan w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Plenty of power and handles very nice. No problems merging on the freeway. What I find interesting or funny is when I accelerate to get up to the speed limit. When I'm at a red light that turns green; cars behind me are always 2-4 car lengths away when I look in the rear view mirror. This is only with my foot very lightly stepping on the gas pedal too. lol

I just bought mine used at 101k miles. I have the Emerald Mist Green/Teal color. Very beautiful and custom looking color. It's been getting a lot of attention from people where ever I go. I have people sticking their heads out their window just to see what kind of car it is. I'm glad I found this one. Not bad for a 9 year old car.

Dual climate control, heated seats, home link, auto dimming rear view mirror, reclining rear seats, and hids.

Move the side mirror adjustment knob near the power window buttons instead of behind the steering wheel.

coming up on 9 years and counting
By clay2000nc

2003 INFINITI G35 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Back in July 2003 when I purchased the Red G35 Coupe MT6 my wife told me it was my 10 year car based on the price. Well here we are at 110,000 miles and it still looks and performs like the day we picked it up.

Yes, having a car like this comes with a cost. Tires are certainly one of them along with the periodic window motor/regulator. But getting 23 mpg average and getting 27 mpg on the highway is not bad at all. This is the longest I ever owned a car and to date I can not see another car I'd even want to buy.

The looks after almost 9 years still turns heads and many still ask questions about the car. Maintenance has been minimal (standard maintenance) while the performance remains strong. One set of brakes and still running on the original set of spark plugs. Love the heated seats, Bose system and the feeling of being in a rocket when the pedal meets the metal.

Still love my 2003 G35 Coupe
By ivorycoupe03

2003 INFINITI G35 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Back in 2002, I was in the market for a new car and had read about the Infiniti G35 sedan. Test drove the sedan and loved it, then saw the photos of the upcoming coupe. I am so glad I waited for the coupe. I purchased mine in October 2002, so it was one of the first G35 coupes sold in my state. It was amazing to drive such a head turner back then, and I love it still.

Every time I see it, I recognize again how beautiful it is. I do take care where I park, etc., so it is pristine. Yes, I've had some electrical issues (A/C - stereo control, windows), but for a 9 year old car with 86K miles, it's been a good value. Love my 2003 G35 coupe!

Beautiful styling, fun and fast to drive, sexy lines. Great maneuverability; I like knowing I can get out of the way or around someone. Friends still comment on how gorgeous this car is. Whenever I think of buying something new, I can't find anything I like better. That's how I came to this site -- researching whether it was time for a new ride. Nope, I'm not seeing anything that turns my head more than what's already in my garage. Heated seats are just enough to keep us warm in Phoenix winters :)

I bought the first model year of the G35 coupe. I knew I was a guinea pig, and I was willing to take that risk for the joy of owning it. I have no regrets. I love my 2003 G35 Coupe.

Nice looking car that can be found at a bargain price
By 2003g35az

2003 INFINITI G35 2dr Coupe w/Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the car with 82K miles and have owned it for a month.
I was looking for a reasonably priced car that was sporty and still had a lot of luxury features.
My list included the Acura TL, Lexus IS and BMW 3 series.
I chose the Infinity mostly based on price.
It does have great looks and your not likely to have to pay blue book for one.
However, there is a reason for this.
These cars feel really cheap.
My wife has a 2004 Lexus RX 330 thats one year newer and about 8K less miles.
These cars were close to the same price, but the quality is like night and day.
The bose stereo system does sound very good and it is fun to drive.
I get 14MPG in town driving.

The car exhaust sounds really nice. Has a great rumble to it. The stereo sounds very nice as well. They make a blue tooth and mp3 input that wires right into the stereo so that is the next step. The car looks great. Mine came without the rear spoiler, but I will add it. I do like the extra features like the homelink, power leather seats with heaters, sunroof an climate control. The pass through the trunk is also useful.

This is just not a very well made car. You get the usual Nissan issues like window and door locks going out. However, you also get a lot of very cheap plastic on the interior that surprised me. I am covering mine with a carbon fiber dash kit so its not a big deal. The fuel mileage is terrible. I have a Toyota Tundra with 381 HP and it gets better fuel mileage. Even the leather seats feel cheap and you can tell the leather has shrunk because of where the lines that are normally at the edge fall. The material above the armrest in the back started to shrink and peel back too.