Used 1999 INFINITI G20 Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G20 model:

Infiniti
By FantasiePhoebus

1999 INFINITI G20 4dr Sedan

This was my first car and I am so glad I got it even though it has had so many problems. Still a fantastic car! Just take care of it so these problems don't happen!

Comfy driver's seat, great sound, fun to drive.

An actual cup holder rather than something that can ONLY be used for change! At 130k the air conditioning got a blockage and broke, power steering sprung a leak after 140k, and suspension and bushings went at 145k. Would like more roomy and comfortable back seats and a smaller turning radius.

Is good car
By pizza delivery dude

1999 INFINITI G20 4dr Sedan

I like the car. It has 180,000 so far. Nice outside and inside. About the reliability, well I have changed almost everything you can think of except the engine. Maybe it's just the way I drive but my old '95 Ford escort was more reliable then the g20. However I don't regret buying it because it's somehow special. It's not like just another regular car. My favorite part is the easy tuning. Faster than bmw3, Subaru 2.5, Saab 9-3, Toyota Camry - tundra v8, scion xb-tc, Honda Accord - Civic 4 cyl, Audi a4 1.8t, Kia soul, SUV state police Chevy Tahoe and more tested

Performance although at, sunroof (I wish it was working), love the Bose stereo, braking, handling ( voted top ten best handling cars for 1999), leather, quiet car

It has a turning like a SUV,more cup holders, better reliability , reliability. Oh yeah and better reliability

wouldn't get this car again
By mad

1999 INFINITI G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

ok when i first got this car it had 50K miles on it and as soon as i hit 89K everything started to go bad. first my fuses blew then at 100K i needed a new timing belt 110K my alternator needed to be replaced 120K i needed a new starter, distributor cap and spark plugs when i get it back from the mechanic the radiator went bad and almost blew me engine. i couldn't even pull into a driveway that sits a little up with out it messing up me bumper.

the factory amp for the speakers and it handles well and it has good brakes

make the body more sturdy and make the mechanical stuff last longer.

Very nice for the price
By That Guy

1999 INFINITI G20 4dr Sedan

I just bought the G20 3 weeks ago with 121k. I am using the car as a commuter to drive almost 100 miles/day and am thrilled by the comfort and reliability of this Infiniti. It doesn't dazzle with power or handling, but for a smaller car, it is a very comfortable ride that is perfect for a commute. Due to the timing chain, extensive records from the previous owner and general reputation of Nissan products I am looking forward to many maintenance free years. Only thing I have had to do is replace the upper control arm bushings and the inner tie rod (suspension is evidently the Achilles heel of these particular cars). If that is all I have to do, this is a great car for under 5k!

Exterior body kit, Bose Sound, reliability, gas mileage, high build quality, sporty, yet luxurious interior. The pride of ownership that comes with a nice car without the pocket pain that comes with a more pricey car. Nice, sporty, basket-weaveesque rims. Cheaper, Nissan parts fit the car perfectly.

Cup holders are pretty much non-existent. The low-end power could have been improved, but as a commuter it doesn't bother too much. The Bose is great, but the bass is a little weak. The front suspension woes are frustrating.

Still the best car on the road
By Vanessa W

1999 INFINITI G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

This was the first almost new car I bought in the luxury range. I was happy with the leather and Bose speakers. It still looks good after all this time and I wouldn't trade it in for the world. No major problems

Leather, speakers and fun to drive

More power and new place for cup holder