Used 2006 INFINITI FX35 Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

This is no truck!
By Hawk8485

2006 INFINITI FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 25 years of driving German sedans, this is our first Japanese made vehicle. Quite impressive. We did not want a truck for our first SUV, and the FX35 is a nice compromise between a sedan and a full sized truck based SUV. Drives much like a sports car on steroids. Powerful, responsive, and fun to drive, yet gets good gas mileage. Smooth transmission, too, as it never has any abrupt shifts. Rides like a nice sedan, but handles deep snow with aplomb. Not as roomy as most SUVs as this vehicle is not meant for hauling a lot of "stuff." Instead, it holds four people in excellent comfort, and handles like a car. We also love the tv camera for backing up. Great visibility all around.

Handling, engine/transmission, backup camera, ride, seats, aggressive good looks, interior design

None

You'll Buy It Because It Looks Cool
By Ballah

2006 INFINITI FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in our Mercedes ML for my wife for the FX and I drive a BMW M Coupe. At first I didn't think it was worth the money considering the rear passenger leg room is sparse, it has the least amount of cargo room in its class, I had to buy a roof rack for our snow boards, its difficult getting our small kids in and out of the rear, and there is A LOT of plastic in the interior. But 15k miles later I love the way it handles (just like a V8), great exhaust note, and superb handling (easy transition to go from my M to this car). As it compares to other SUVs in terms of practicality it isn't a smart choice, but its the best for overall performance and incredible aesthetics.

Reverse camera. Strong exhaust. Great uphill torque. Great re-sale value. BMW-like handling. Very quick in traffic & nimble in the city. Friendly user-face/ controls. Big brakes. Decent service...

Wish I had gotten the upgraded wheels (for aesthetics & I get a lot of snow caught in the wheel well). The worst is when the car slips... its a horrible clunking sound for the stability control (rear dif) to kick-in. Rear seats are uncomfortable on long trips. Too much plastic!

SUV with vroom
By Phil Mc kenna

2006 INFINITI FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is a real surprise. The utility of a suv with the speed and grace of a sport coupe. The price beats all other vehicles in this segment ( bmw x3 ). You can't beat the bang for the buck.

Best feature is the engine smooth and responsive right from the get go.

Lose the bluetooth phone. It's annoying and the whole car can hear your conversation.

Look forward to driving on the weekends
By David L

2006 INFINITI FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the 2006 FX and it's been a pleasure to drive. Love the growl of the exhaust, the acceleration is great and you can't beat the exterior styling. We were looking for a SUV that didn't drive and look like a box on wheels and the FX35 has easily surpassed our expectations. Test drove the Lexus RX330, the Mazda CX7, the Volkswagen Touareg, and the Nissan Murano. The FX had the best balance of performance, price, and design. Extremely pleased with the purchase no regrets

Keyless ignition, auto headlights, 10 way power seats w/ memory and love the looks of envy I get when we drive it around town

Headlights point way too low. Even set to the highest poistion the head lights don't shine far enough in front of the vehicle. With the high beams on they are perfect. Also bluetooth does not let you transfer your address book from your mobile phone. Pain in the neck to maintain two address books

Second Time Around
By Bob

2006 INFINITI FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I Picked up my '06 FX yesterday! This is my second FX! I put 52,000 miles on my '03 FX and loved it so much I bought another. With many improvements over the '03 I'm looking forward to several years in this one. I didn't buy the sports package this time. The ride with the standard 18" tires is less harsh yet it still handles excellent. I enjoy the hands free package and blue tooth. So far I haven't had any complaints about my voice not coming across well on the phone. The interior comfort is one of the key features that led me to buy another FX, as well as it's head turning exterior. My '03's mileage was consistently 19-20 around town. I expect the '06 to be similar.

Handling, power, looks, interior comfort, Bose stereo, exterior style.

With the improvements Infiniti has made since the FX's introduction in '03 they have answered all the issues I had. They have made many options from '03 standard today.