Used 2006 INFINITI FX35 Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 INFINITI FX35 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Nice looking but with compromises
By JBM

2006 INFINITI FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great looks, storage space, and well laid out cockpit. But behind the times connectivity, cramped (especially back seats), poor gas mileage, and definitely not on par with the quality of its competitors.

The Best Car I Ever Owned WAS SO PERFECT I MISS IT
By 2006FX35

2006 INFINITI FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I never write reviews for anything but this car is worthy of a review because I absolutely loved it. I leased a 06 Black Obsidian on Wheat FX35 AWD w/ Sport/Tech Packages. This car was so much fun to drive! It was truly the perfect car for me, and now here I am in 2017 and I am looking for a 06-08 FX35. The handling/seating position and height/exhaust note/Bose system/Navigation were by far perfect. The seats were extremely comfortable. I truly loved and looked forward to driving it. Even when I had it I always said how could Infiniti create such a perfect car. The sticker new was 49k and after two years when my lease was up the buy price thy gave me was $41k, so I thought I would find one cheaper used but they took so long to go down in value! They really held their resale value well. After the FX i bought a 745i which i hated and sold, then leased a Z4 3.0si which I enjoyed, and bought my dream car which I will be keeping a 95 Hellrot 840ci. But out of all of the cars I've ever driven and owned I have never been happier driving my 06 FX35. I recently test drove a 2016 QX70, while it was nice it still wasnt the same. I would like to look into the FX50S but honestly for the price of what I can get a 06-08 FX35 for now that is all I need! Truly a great car and highly recommended.

Have loved this car for a decade
By ARG

Great suv
By Dustin Zaugg

2006 INFINITI FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my FX35 for approx 6 months. It is cool as h*ll. Mp3 not great but it makes up for it in cool points. Bluetooth has a suck factor. Lane departure. ...thank God you can shut that off. Assisted cruise sometimes is a pain but if you hold the on/off button on the cruise down for 1.5 seconds it will turn into regular cruise control. Great sound system. Excellent in snow. Great vehicle folks.

Not sure if i would repurchase
By evnstvn

2006 INFINITI FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned a previous Nissan product (1993) Maxima that I had for 10 years (best car i ever had), I ended up buying a 2006 FX 35. Always loved the styling and after driving it (and competitors) decided on the FX. I still love the driving experience, but not necessarily the ownership experience. Have had multiple issues with having to return the vehicle to the dealership (which I admit, Infinity of Coconut Creek has been great) for many issues related to trim/cosmetics, I have also had to have 3 mechanical issues with the car that if I had to pay for out of pocket would have been very expensive if not covered under warranty. I do not think I would purchase another Nissan/Infinity product

Style, handling, interior space (other than cargo, but I didn't buy it for cargo hauling)

better vendor for trim (interior and exterior). didn't expect it to ride like a Cadillac, but didn't expect it to ride like a freight train either