Used 2005 INFINITI FX35 Consumer Reviews - 204 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 INFINITI FX35

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Excellent SUV
By babuino

2005 INFINITI FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent build quality. Had it for 5 years now and never had a mechanical problem. The only problem was the CD player, but the dealer replaced it with a brand new one without me paying for anything. This car handles very well, easy to drive, not as comfortable as some other SUVs though. Guess it's the sports tuned suspension I have.

You'll fall in love with this car after your first test drive. Excellent build quality. Just as good as Lexus and Acura, if not better. But more stylish, especially for young people.

Could make the suspension a little more comfortable. And yeah, the rear passenger doors have to be wide open to get in.

FXlove
By coloradocheetah

2005 INFINITI FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having been a 240Z enthusiast years ago, the FX reminds me of that driving experience. The cam comes on strong at 3000rpm; third gear is the true workhorse. This is a vehicle one can drive like a church lady on Sunday, or really let it go. I've left several friends breathless when jumping on the throttle. They didn't expect such performance... especially those with the Lexus RX series vehicles. Everything about the vehicle is great. Styling, handling, build quality, comfort, intelligent cruise control, too many other things to identify. I've had SUV's, BMW's, probably more than 30 different vehicles. Hands down, the Z car and the FX have been my two favorite vehicles!

Styling... one either loves or hates it. I thoroughly love it! Handles exceptionally well. Plenty of power. Too many luxury features to name. In contrast to similar American vehicles, if there is one even remotely similar, the FX blows the competition away! Will definitely buy another one someday.

I note most of the things I would indicate have been addressed in newer models. Obviously Infiniti reads customer reviews, and refines accordingly. My only suggested improvement. Please... someone send me some money so I can buy a second one. My girlfriend really wants this one!

Infiniti's FX is the best out there!!
By fxfan

2005 INFINITI FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ok where to start? Adaptive cruise, lane departure warning, ikey.. The list goes on! I felt like I stole this beauty at the price I paid. This was a former Infiniti lease, that i picked up. It has 29k for the miles. Its 3.5l 280hp rwd is like driving a Z car, but with soo much more room. Sure it has Bose sound, but I enjoy the engine more! All I have to say is if you haven't driven this vehicle, you are truly missing out.

Engine, all the cool tech stuff (esp in an 05). Like driving a Z but you don't have to worry about attracting the MAN (aka police).

Possibly ipod interface??? But it's an 05 with 29k for miles... so none.

2005 Infiniti FX35 .... WOW!
By Todd B

2005 INFINITI FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is simply the best looking and performing Crossover SUV for the money that I could find. I test drove everything in the price range/ model years. Nothing American was even close. Runners up were the Porsche Cayenne (too expensive, but awesome) and the BMW X5 3.0 (underpowered and a bit rough riding) The FX35 has great acceleration and really moves out on the freeway. Handling is amazing... feels like a sports sedan. SAFETY features, AWD and NAV system make this a real smart cruiser. Everything within arms reach inside. AND the EXTERIOR... well, everything else seems ugly now. Biased opinion I suppose.

Exterior design is elegant, aggressive and simply beautiful. The creature comforts inside are spoiling me rotten. Snug fitting seats and a terrific BOSE stereo system make it a pleasure to go to work... even at 4:30a.m.

The original tires seemed a bit loud. They were replaced. It made a big difference.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By mtrgirl

2005 INFINITI FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love to drive this car! I bought it primarily for safety, but it quickly turned into the best car I have ever owned. It handles nimbly and quick, like a sports car. The engine is powerful and fast - I have avoided several accidents because of the maneuverability of this car. With the AWD and 20" tires, the car holds the road and I feel in total control, even around tight corners. The interior is slightly small (great for me, since I'm 5'2", but a tight fit for my husband who's 6') but the comfort and luxury makes up it. I would recommend this car to anyone!

Beautiful exterior. Powerful engine. Agile handling.

A little more interior room. Better rear visibility.