Used 2005 INFINITI FX35 Consumer Reviews - 204 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 INFINITI FX35

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Sporty with Headroom For A Crossover
By carlsbad2

2005 INFINITI FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Fun Car never had any real repairs had the car for between 45000 and 94000 miles.
Get the sports version has the silver rack on top and the larger tires seems to ride better than the other versions of this vehicle.
Uses lots of gas around the city will average only about 16 MPG driving mellow.
I am pretty tall with long legs and the car is comfortable.
Cannot say that about too many.

Performance suspension. Navigation, Body style is still unique and timeless

Better MPG

Transmission failure at 96k
By jerrytc

2005 INFINITI FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my FX-35 from an Infiniti dealership with 29K almost five years ago. I now have 96K.
In this time i have gone through two dash boards due to deffects in the material which was fixed by the dealerships, two tears in the side of the uphostery, a small plastic gear in the front seat controls has broken which is a $900 bill and now the transmission has failed.
I took the car into the dealership for an unusual noise in the drive train and routine maintenace.
i picked it up and it wouldn't shift into reverse without pressing down on the gas pedal.
And then there are those horrible, horrible Bridgestone Potenza tires.

Comfort and power, body design, gas mileage for a crossover suv is not bad on the highway.

Stop using the Bridgestone Potenza tires.

Supper Sport SUV
By mpop

2005 INFINITI FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Once you drive one you could only then understand the difference between sport design SUV’s like the FX35, FX45 or the BMW X6 and the rest of the SUV pack. I drive daily in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area and the FX is best equipped to be agile enough to zoom through heavy traffic more like a sport car then an SUV( more like a sedan on steroids). I have the 2005 FX35S sport package including the larger rims but the car does not need any additional sport features…..it breeds aggressive driving…300HP ….sport exhaust system. Supper cool interior (I have the light cream interior) with excellent attention to details ( M. Pop)

You seat high like in a SUV and you don’t have the extra space that you don’t need….still space enough for my dog to fit well in the trunk (65 pounds female Boxer). I love the one touch mute button especially design for incoming calls …..Controlling a Boss sound system that has a bass subwoofer installed in the full size spear tire (creasy….I know but is true)….it feels like the car was design to make you turn your head and look…..and for good reasons ..Cheers.- (M. Pop )

Fine Quality
By Elusive

2005 INFINITI FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my AWD FX35 for one year now and have had no problems whatsoever with it. I did replace the tires with what were on it from Kumho to Goodyear Fortera which I am very pleased with providing a stable ride on wet and dry pavement. It has tons of storage in the liftback. I love all the bells and whistles. I would highly recommend this car.

Heated power seats, snow mode, slide-out sun visor, satellite radio, power lift away steering wheel, storage in auto locking liftback.

Redesign center console, it's easy to drop items between console and seat and unable to retrieve them. Heated side mirrors, better gas mileage.

Hooked on the FX
By Hunter

2005 INFINITI FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car about a 1 1/2 years ago and I still love driving it. It was my first SUV but I must say it drives like a sports car. The BOSE stereo, Backup camera, and the NAV are must haves on this car. I got it with the beryllium exterior and brick colored interior and people drool when they get inside. The snow button is great too. I could not imagine driving in the snow without it because the car has so much power.

The Backup Camera, NAV, and BOSE Sound system are all must have. The styling is the best without question. I am loving the brink interior.

Better Gas mileage and poor visibility hurt this car. Other than that it would be prefect.