Used 2005 INFINITI FX35 Consumer Reviews - 208 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 INFINITI FX35 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Not happy
By Babasha

2005 INFINITI FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Paint is pealing, dashboard melted, and requires a lot of maintenance.

Until I Die
By Richard Beckett

2005 INFINITI FX35 AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I watched, with envy, those who drove in the Infinity FX35 since 2003. Then in August of 2005 I drove past a dealership and saw a 2005 FX35 in a pearl white metallic with a wheat colored interior and decided if I could sit in the drivers seat safely, I would become the source of other peoples envy. I have a back problem that requires exactly the right combinations to exist while getting in, getting out and of course sitting. It begins with the height of the seat from the ground. FX35 perfect. Next, the seat has to power recline and must offer power adjustable lumbar support. FX35, perfect. Then, the seat has to be firm. FX35, perfect. Finally, power tilt/telescopic searing must accommodate my need to severely recline the seat back. FX35, perfect. I spent an hour and a half just sitting, then getting out, then getting back in, then sitting. after an hour, the salesman came out and asked if there was a problem, I answered "not yet". Half an hour later, salesman came out again and asked if I wanted to take the car for a drive. I said "It's not that important". He went silent for a moment, then smiled and said "Take it for a drive". I said "Fine, I will". Half an hour later I returned. The salesman said nothing, he just smiled knowingly as did I. I had come to understand what an incredible vehicle this was. Beyond it's incredible, exciting styling, there was the growl of the motor, the ride, the firm, planted to the pavement handling and that feeling of pride as I left the dealership and walked toward the car I had coveted for 2 years, with keys in my hand and the legal right to drive away. I have replaced the battery and tires, changed the oil (synthetic) and filter as required without incident for 12 and a half years. Head lights were replaced due to a factory recall (no cost to me). I have the car detailed every spring for the last 8 years. To this day, when I approach my FX35, I get the same knowing smile on my face that I shared with the salesman and when I park it and walk away, I always turn around for one more look. When crossing paths with other FX35 owners at stoplights or in a parking lot, I again exchange that knowing smile with others who own this rare source of pride and performance. Hard for some to understand maybe, but you either get it, or you don't. It was my plan to drive my FX35 until Infinity offered an FX styled vehicle with full electric drive train. To my horror, Infinity announced that 2018 would be the last year they would manufacture the FX35. They have since announced their intention to offer an electric model by 2022 - which effectively means by 2025, 7 years from now. I'm 75 years old so I could be [non-permissible content removed] out of luck by then (dead). Since I only drive 3,500 miles per year, I guess I'll probably drive my FX35 "Until I Die". It's currently remains irreplaceable. I don't have navigation or Bluetooth, but I have a smart phone I can talk to and will talk back, so I'm good. My one and only small complaint is the relatively poor gas mileage (13MPG in town - 24MPG on the hi-way), but that's a price I am eagerly willing to pay. Damn, that car is beautiful.

I LOVE my car
By Littlebitsmommy

2005 INFINITI FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My car is 12 years old and I still love it. I bought it almost 2 years ago and the only thing I've had to do is put new brakes and tires on it and keep up with the oil. The handling and speed is amazing. My husband loves driving my car and it's great for both interstate and back country hwys. I only drive around 15 miles a day so my gas lasts for 2 weeks and its only $40. I can't wait till I get a newer version!

This one is quite composed and rather peppy!
By Joseph Cross

2005 INFINITI FX35 Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Honestly this SUV flew under my radar. A few months ago we were looking to replace my wife's Honda Civic Hybrid with something bigger and safer. My first thought, VW Touareg then it went Cayenne, XC90, and even Mazda CX-7 (before I found out about its turbo woes). These were all nice but we couldn't find the right combination. Touareg too problematic, Cayenne I'd cry with every scratch, XC90 not sporty, and CX-7 huge potential repair. Then doing other work I came across this fx35. Surprisingly the backseat fit my 6'2 frame better than any of the other cars. There was actually decent trunk space, which I thought was impossible with its sexy lines. The cockpit made me feel more like I'm in a sports car rather than a SUV. Steering is heavily weighted like I'm in a G35 coupe. I loved it! The suspension had no secondary movement, it was extremely tight with 147,000 mile. I think this is an incredible vehicle. Check out my review: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=bIhMpNHiHBc

Great purchase!