Used 2008 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Veracruz

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

More than a year and still love it!
By santa rosa

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

After over 1yr I have 14K on my '08 Veracruz Limited. The vehicle has been nearly flawless! Nothing has gone wrong - not even minor problems. The interior still looks new even with kids. The interior layout is completely intuitive and the best I have had on any vehicle. A minor complaint is acceleration from a stop. But, to my surprise, using premium fuel does improve this problem a bit. The interior space is exceptional. We cart 2 kids with child seats and gear and the VC has ample room. Ride comfort for long trips is great. My wife's vehicle is an '08 Lexus RX350 and I can say the 2 are fairly comparable. We usually take the VC for trips because it has more storage space and a 3rd row.

Great interior layout & trim, Split third row seats, Attractive exterior styling, Power rear hatch, Great overall storage space & handy compartments, Heated seats, Driver & passenger power seats, Convenient standard electrical outlet for laptop or DVD, Center console cooler for kids snacks

Acceleration off a stop could be better, Key fob can be too sensitive and you can open the rear hatch by accident, Hyundai could do much better promotion of the Veracruz

Luxury Car at Bargain Price
By Vlad

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second review of Veracruz. With 1500 miles on it I'm enjoying the vehicle more and more. Prior to car purchase, i'd thought "Well, this is not Pilot or Highlander or CX-9, but it costs about 6 grand less". What i realize now Veracruz is actually at least AS GOOD as any competition, has a superior warranty AND it will leave a bunch of green in your wallet. It doesn't have a big name yet, but a brand name is probably not worth this much money.

Runs great on regular gas, interior quality, ergonomics, comfy seats, low noise level.

More cargo space behind the third row seats.

Great SUV
By StuCyn

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Fantastic vehicle for the money. We bought the Limited and love it. Best features are the proximity key and auto open/close lift gate. The navigation system is so so but the stereo system rocks. Great head room and very comfortable for long trips. Very quiet ride with very little road noise. We test drove several other SUV makes and found them overpriced for the same features and less warranty.

Auto lift gate, proximity key, hidden glove box key is cool too.

Please include cross rails for the roof top cargo rails. You can't use the roof with out them and they're 200 dollars each!

Pleasant Surprise
By bayarea

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This was my first non-Toyota/Honda vehicle and I was pleasantly surprised that my Hyundai Veracruz is such a great vehicle. I have had it for 8 months now and I am very satisfied with it. The ride quality is excellent and very smooth. Handles like a car on curves. In normal commute I get about 20 mpg on average, although I have even got up to 25 mpg on the I-5 from sf to la. The interior design is very thoughtful and practical. Very comfortable seating. No mechanical problems so far after 10k of driving. I paid about $4000 less than what I would have paid for a comparable Toyota highlander.

Handling, comfort, reliability.

Rear camera can be made an optional feature as it can be difficult sometime when reversing. But that was a problem with all the SUVs I have seen.

Move over Mazda CX9!
By bernibookh

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Hyundai Veracruz Limited Edition is the best SUV on the market!(personal Opinion) After buying a 2008 Chrysler Pacifica, which turned out to be a Lemon,(Buy Back) I had my mind set on the Mazda CX9. My husband kept telling me to look at the Veracruz before buying the Mazda CX9, and I am soo happy I did! This vehicle is nice and is loaded with the best stuff! Compare interior and exterior...but by far, Hyundai Veracruz has better Warranty and the dealership was 100% better on satisfying customers! Like everyone is saying...try it! You will be glad you did! No regrets here!

Sirrus Radio, Third row seating, Sunroof, CD player (holds 6) Auto steering wheel, memory seating for 2, Interior lighting...(yes I also love the blue highlights) Auto open and close tailgate...(no more trying to close by hand) I just love everything!

I have none to report at this time!!!