Used 2008 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Veracruz

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Love My Veracruz
By Kathy

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car. It drives smooth, is amazing on ice and snow and is just as nice to look at as the Acura everyone else seems to own here in Alaska. I was surprised at how quick it accelerates and it purrs at 70 to 75 mph. The Bluetooth is a feature that I will never live without. For the $ I paid ($24K) I feel like I got the best car for the money. I smile every time I drive it. Dealership support also has been fantastic.

Bluetooth two tone exterior paint nice interior amazing control on ice and snow

The only thing I would change are the locks. Seems like I have to hit open more than once a lot to get the remote to work. It's also easy to close the back hatch and have it not quite close all the way. You have to slam it.

From Honda to Hyundai
By Bornitetx

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

When the family grew it was time to get into the SUV market...never thought I would have purchased a Hyundai...but glad I did!! I was always a loyal Honda diver..but the Pilot did not compare to the Veracruz (price/warranty/amenities. So far smooth diving and no complaints other than gas mileage could be better but since this is my 1st suv, I expected this to change. I enjoy all the luxury items at a great price that was better than the CX-9, Highlander, and Pilot. I would highly recommend this vehicle. I like having a nice quiet comfortable ride on long trips and this car pampers you, and yes as it has been compared to the Lexus 350 it is much less expensive and still has that luxury feel!!

Auto Dimming mirrors, auto tailgate, tire pressure monitoring system, backup warning system, smooth quiet ride.

better fuel economy, quicker 0-60, MP3 port.

Great Hyundai
By mrfred

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Got 10000 off, it was a new left over Rides very quietly, handles well, I was really shocked how well built it is, how much conveniences you get for the money(paid 29300, 22 miles on it), came with the navi system but unable to get rear dvd system with the nav (strange)

Smart key system, really convenient, power lift gate, 2 section center console, can't beat the warranty, for 600, Im covered 10 yrs or 100K

Put the blue tooth in with the radio, or at least have it so it mutes the radio, also the power lock switch shuts all windows off including the drivers, should at least allow the driver to operate the windows with out having to unlock them, make the 3rd row seat power folding

2008 veracruz
By andy

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in a Tucson for the Veracruz. Have been happy with the size and 3rd row seats. A bit disappointed however by the power train. It's a dog to get moving from a stop which can be a problem in sticky situations. Transmission also gets confused as to when to shift and the engine can easily overpower the tranny before it shifts, better to do the manual shift. Fuel economy is not bad but could be a bit better. Have had a few qc issues. Car was sold with a bad tire and or rim, the rear quarter fills with water from the rear ac unit and both under mirror lights have popped out ..

in floor store 3 rd row seat

better transmission ,better fuel economy . maybe offer a small v-8

Suspension noice
By magne schille

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I like this car. I have about 12,000 on it. Have been back to dealer twice for service and one complaint that has not been fixed. It is the excessive suspension noise on uneven pavement. It sounds like car is falling apart. Dealer said I had 50 lb. Of air in tires. Second time back I was told nothing is wrong, but that I had to get used to " driving a truck". Consumer magazine talked about this problem, but nobody else.

Highway cruising, xm radio, bell and whistles etc.

Fix bad suspension noise when driving on rough and uneven streets of Staten island