Used 2008 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Hyundai Veracruz

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Great vehicle
By foz682

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I've only had it for a few weeks now, but so far so good. I'm getting around 19MPG with mixed driving. It has lots of little features that make life easier, such as the proximity key, power tailgate, cool box in console, placement of interior lights is grea,t very comfortable and powerful.
The one this that does bother me just a little is that the rear dvd player renders your rearview mirror useless, it totally blocks the rear window when in use.

Still love it
By Anonymous

2008 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Going on 3 years and over 36000 miles with no major problems. Vehicle runs great and loaded with extras that are standard. Read some reviews on this site that complain about the Hyundai but this was our third Hyundai and my wife now has an Elantra which is our fourth. Exceptional value for the money. Car looks good, is comfortable, roomy and reliable. Best vehicle I have ever owned and I'm 62 years old and have owned a lot of different vehicles.

Love the smart key, power lift gate and the adjustable pedals

Would like to see more room when the third seat is up and the gas mileage could be better but overall fantastic vehicle......Can't say enough about it.

Two Years and 19K miles later
By Mike

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Going on two years now the Veracruz has been decent, but I've had the rear DVD player replaced and now the rear heat and A/C doesn't work. It started with a squeak in the right rear compartment. It was a part on the rear blower system. The dealer has been great but should I have had these problems so soon? Let me answer my own question NO! I hope this is not the beginning of a lemon car. I gave Hyundai a chance I hope I don't regret it. This is their top of the line SUV, right? I've taken it on two decent size trips. It has performed flawlessly. I gotten as high as 24 mpg. Enough of the silly problems already. If I had the ging I would have bought an RX Lexus. Good luck to us Veracruz owners.

Problems with being reliable
By Dianna

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The first week I had It I had to have the battery replaced. The other day I started it up, put it reverse and it gave a hard jolt. 5 minutes later I pressed the gas pedal down and It would only go 5 miles an hour. I stopped, call road service and when he arrived it miraculously was back to normal. The next day, it wouldn't start at all. I do have a 100,000 mile warranty but this is my very first Hyundai. I have always owned Toyota's. I am very discouraged and only hope whatever the problem is, they find it, fix it and I have no more problems. I have never had any problems with any of my new cars before. 4 x's in 2 years is 4 times too much. I have to have a reliable car.

My Veracruz is fully loaded. I love all the features and they all work fine. Love the bluetooth, sunroof, stereo system etc. etc. etc. The exterior look has been mistaken for a Lexus 350. Sweet!

Dependability. I expect after they fix whatever is wrong with it, must be fixed for good. Reliable trumps everything else I love about this Veracruz.

Too many recalls
By cjunbug

2008 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The first couple of months it was fun to drive; we enjoyed the comfort, quietness and styling, until the recall notifications start to come. In the two year span that we owned it we have about 4 recalls. Then the last incident is the one that really prompt me to dump the vehicle, it wont drive faster than 5 miles per hour, turn it off and then re-start it and it will drive normal. then you drive it again and while it is moving at various speeds, it will just quit on you and will not go no more than 5 MPH. They fixed it for free, and finally traded it in for TOYOTA VENZA. I don't think I will buy another Hyundai, even if they guarantee it for 200,000 miles