Used 2007 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Veracruz

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Outstanding Reliability
By Larry Manning

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased out Veracruz Limited in August 2007 and have since driven it for 12000 miles. To date not one screwdriver has touched it. Nothing has been tightened, nothing has been repaired, and nothing has been replaced in the two years of driving. It is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned in my 65 years of driving experience. I heartily recommend this vehicle to any one that places a high value on reliability. Its excellent design, construction, a 5 year bumper-to-bumper warranty, and 10 year warranty on the drive train makes this vehicle hard to beat in the automotive world.

Safety, vision, and ease of parking.

At 6'2" tall, and 180 pounds, I barely fit into this vehicle. The front seat needs another inch or two of head space.

I LOVE THIS SUV!!!!
By danacandy

2007 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This car is really nice to drive. My husband who is 6'4" fits comfortably in the middle row, my 3 kids also fit very well, with room to spare(including a car seat). We have really enjoyed taking this car on trips. It has a lot of get up and go power, it rides smooth like a luxury sedan. We have been so happy with this purchase, we will more than likely purchase an upgrade in a few more years. I definitely recommend this SUV!!!

Smooth Ride, interior look, blue interior dash lights, cup holder light, lots of room,turns on a dime.

Cant think of any, I am very satisfied!!

I've found a diamond!
By topboricua

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

After considering the Rav4 and the Santa Fe, and neither fitting within my budget ($23k out the door). I looked into used Highlanders and the Veracruzes. Found some 2007's with all the perks (premium packages - leather, etc.), everything but the DVD player or navigation systems. This Veracruz is the most comfortable car ever! Soft on the road, and powerful when needed. Gas mileage is not the best (15city/22highway), but acceptable. The seats are super comfortable, the interior space is great! Even the 3rd row is not bad and I've sat back there (I'm 6'0). Everyone who's ridden in it loves it, and I think I'm a future Hyundai owner for life! Price was sweet at $22,300 (walkout) w/29k miles.

High off the ground, large sideview mirrors, comfortable seats, nice interior blue dash lighting, soft ride, powerful, quiet!, and the rear sensors for backing up are AWESOME!, sideview mirror signals, sunroof.

Better gas mileage (prob never happen), cross bars on the roof rack (currently just side rails), mp3 player input, get- in handles for back row (currently pull- down).

SUV I ever want to be driving
By Praveen

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We went shopping for an SUV 2 years ago. Test drove Toyota, VW and third in line was this babe. Both myself and my wife were so baffled with the quality of the vehicle, we decided to buy it immediately. sort of "love at first drive". Gives us about 19 in city driving and has given as much as 27 on highway. 2 years and we still love this babe. Engine revs freely (responds well with Shell gasoline) and is surprisingly quick off the line. Quality of materials inside the vehicle is awesome.

XM radio. We would have loved blue tooth and navigation system which was not available on this first model

None that i can think of. True value for money or rather luxury for money.

It's Ok, but not a Lexus
By c mikaya

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I purchase my car in June 07, going down from a Sequoia. The Veracuse reminded me of a Lexus, but a Lexus it ain't. The seats in this car have never been as comfortable as my old Sequoia and I find the velor type material difficult to clean. The all wheel drive has been very reliable on my mountainous road, but the mileage is not good and that was the reason I traded my Sequoia in. With that model I was getting 17.8 mpg and with this vehicle it's the same or 18 mpg, what a disappointment. Now that I have 55,000 miles on the vehicle the right ball bearing has gone and the latch on the center console broke. I think Hyundai is working on improvement, but I am ready to try something else

The exterior look and the all wheel component

More comfortable seats, better construction and better gas mileage