Used 2007 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Veracruz

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Great crossover!
By Stella

2007 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at most of the crossovers, such as the Pilot, Outlook, Acadia, and the Mazda and Nissan versions, before deciding on the Veracruz. I do not regret my decision at all. The kids love the DVD and mom loves the sunroof and leather. The heated seats are nice too now that it is cold. The gas mileage could be a bit better but it is improving since the 1st oil change. You won't regret buying this one.

There are so many: Pedal adjustments, sunroof, mute button for stereo, cooler, DVD and tire monitoring system. I love the keyless start!

Better gas mileage and transmission shifting to lower speeds.

Sue's Car
By Ted Melonas

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We owned a 03 Nissan Murano. The Veracruz has more room, better ride, and is less noisy. May not have the name, but I think the Veracruz is better

Third seat better than most other brands

Sexy and Safe
By lakopp

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I had my Veracruz for a month when I was rear-ended by someone going 45 mph (I was at a complete stop). I was able to walk away from this. The Veracruz not only looks good and drives well...it crashes well! The cabin is very quiet and the ride is smooth. Great vehicle!

Power lift tailgate, radio controls on steering wheel, fold flat seats.

Like the others have said, iPod jack and gps.

Buyer Beware this car beware this dealer
By Morgan Bear

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car 3 months ago at Stevenson Hyundai, Jacksonville,NC. and paid close to sticker,dumb.First day the CD player jammed and within 1 month the gas mileage drop off to 20.7 hiway I decided to trade it for a smaller car. I knew I was going to take a beating but did not know had badly. Short version, no dealer in the Eastern Carolnia area would give me more that 25k, the car had a sticker price of 35K, that is 11K dollars in three months. Went to Stevenson where I bought the car, 23K was the best he would offer. I asked him if he thought 12K $ in 3 months was right and he said, yep, that's about right. I finally dumped this pig it and bought a new Scion, love it.NEVER BUY THIS CAR!

great looks and nice soft ride

More efficent engine that has more power and gives better gas mileage. Try and figure a way to allow this car to retain some value after purchase

7000 mile report
By cpt12am

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

7K and 6 months later and no rattles, defects or problems. Two things have stood out: the quiet ride and the above EPA gas mileage encountered (31MPG HWY). I also own a Jag XJ8 and this car is more comfortable and quiet. I do not see many on the road, so I guess the snob appeal is still lacking. A pity because this vehicle is a winner.

Cargo and passenger versatility

Offer a towing option and redesign the steering wheel to be more comfortable for small handed drivers (wife comment)