Used 2007 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Veracruz

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

7 Month Review
By Jim

2007 Hyundai Veracruz GLS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

In early 2007, I reviewed many mid- sized SUV's to replace my leased 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I was interested in the Dodge Nitro, but Chrysler wasn't interested in giving me an attractive lease. Same for the Jeep Patriot, no dealing with these folks. So I went Toyota and test drove a Highlander .. nice but boring. Tried a Honda CR-V.. the seats were so unconfy a test drive wasn't necessary. Went to Hyundai and test drove a SantaFe nice but the Veracruz was a no brainer!! I leased the GLS with the optional moonroof and heated seats. Four months later I was T-boned in the passenger rear quarter (not my bad). The ESC system worked great to stabilize the fish-tail and help me stop safely.

The ride is the quietest and smoothest I have ever experienced. The base sound system is awesome especially with the XM package. The blue interior dash lights are very cool. Love the heated seats too. I get alot of favorable comments from people on the styling and overall looks of this 'Cruzer.

A wind screen for the moonroof should be standard as an iPod jack. My two complaints are a slightly jerky tranny when accelerating around 40 mph. Also, when comming to a stop, the down shift to first gear is sometimes noticeable. Also, maybe due to the Hankook tires, I get zapped upon exiting.

Still new... will keep you posted.
By Cindy G

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I research new cars to the point of ridiculous... but I really hate "buyer's remorse", and I also hate buying what everyone else is driving based on the assumption that it must be the best thing ever if it's so popular! Wanted to leave behind the "Minivan feel, look, and life- style", but still needed plenty of room for cargo of the human and Home Depot sort. Love the look of this vehile (mistake it for the Lexus), very comfortable interior, including fold-away back seat. We also got an excellent offer for the one we bought, a combination of 1) Dealer incentives 2) Manufacturer/finance com incentives 3) Willing to take last year's model for a few buck off. We got an AMAZING deal!

Leather package incl: power, heated, leather seats, sunroof. Nice Seat quality... not too hard, not too cushy. Love the "back-up warning" system. Love covered cup holders (if they get messy just flip the top down and hide them). Great sound w/6 CD changer & XM! Neato "Cool Box" keeps drinks cool!

AN AUDIO IN JACK FOR MP3 PLAYERS!!!!!! It truly never dawned on me in this day and age that this would not be included. Bummer. But still love the car.

hyundai rules
By bernard n. edwards

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

we have had our limited vera cruz two wheel drive,and all i can say is no one builds better cars than hyundai.we are on our 8th hyundai and will be buying the new rear wheel drive v8 sedan.so we already have our name on the list for this car in 2009.

high quality,quiet,and the car is very elegent and we are very proud of owning the vera cruz.we get 24 miles to the gallion,and will hit 25 mph after we get more miles on the car.now have 3000 miles.love the transmission,and it really works with the very smooth and powerful 3.8 .engine.

should have wood on sterring wheel,and could use 20 or thirty hp.great smooth brakes,the car is drop dead beautiful,inside and out.love the lighted vera cruz door sills.classy.what a class act.hyundai rules at our house.

Poor Quality
By Disappointed

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Veracruz for two weeks and it has been in for service twice for the tire pressure monitior system light malfunction. This how the vehicle was delivered to me. I am a first time hyundai buyer and if this is any indication of their quality and customer service, I will stick to american made cars.

Never thought I would own one
By Joe

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned Toyota's for the last 3 vehicles and could not believe I would ever own a Hyundai, but it is awesome. Extremely please with everything about it. It is truly as well built as my Toyota Sienna that I traded for the Veracruz!!

The appereance