Used 2012 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Hyundai Veloster

View reviews for a specific Veloster model:

Wouldn't choose anything different <3
By jbeck204

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

I bought this car used in April of 2013. I absolutely love it!! I did my research, test drove a few different vehicles, but I found myself drawn to this beauty. Some people found that the performance was not to their liking, but I find it quite nice. I don't need a high performance car and this is a perfect fit. I love everything about it, but I really love that you get so much for such a low price. I love the tech and I feel spoiled using my push start button and rear view camera. It is a great economic and safe care for 20 year olds.

Upgraded technology for low price, great bodystyle, 3-door comes in handy all the time, safety features

It would be really nice to intricate some blind spot monitors, could be useful in some situations. Also could use dual climate control.

First Time Buyer - Worst Purchase Ever!!!
By wendeez

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Gray Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

Where do I even begin... Bought my Veloster June 2012 and have put about 22,000 miles on it since then. 19 days after having the vehicle I was going down a major highway when my sunroof shattered on me. Glass EVERYWHERE! Dealership claimed that it was my fault but "since I am a first time buyer they would pick up on the cost". Dealership had my car for 14 days and I had to battle with them to get a renal car. Since then I have had it in the shop to replace the Climate Control Unit and the third time fixing the touch screen radio unit. Bought this car because I thought it would be reliable, great gas mileage, and fun to drive.... Boy was I wrong on that! Waiting for Lemon Law to take it away!

It is a unique looking vehicle

Hyundai has a great 100,000 mile warranty... And now I can see why! I bought a brand new vehicle because I needed something reliable and affordable. With all the issues I have had with this car it is considered more of a liability than a reliable vehicle! I would suggest this car to anyone who would wants a unreliable vehicle! It has been in the shop more times than my 2002 Ford Focus has. My suggestion would be BUY A CIVIC! They hold their value and have excellent reviews!

Do NOT buy
By frankg068

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Gray Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

Bout the car early 2012 I had it for a week and on my way home from work it broke down less then 150 miles on it the transmission went out, they had if for a month replaced it 2 weeks later it goes out again and once again they have it for over a month fixing it. I got it back had it for almost 2 months and im going down the highway and my car starts smoking and then shuts off a tow truck comes and gets it brings it to the dealer and they said my engine cracked... i called hyundai and it took me 2 months to get anything done they game me a new one after all that had it for 3 days and my trans went out... gave up traded it for a good car.

the radio head unit is nice but the sound quality was less then desirable, the seats are comfortable

everything the car sucks they spent all the money making the inside and outside look good and spent nothing on the actual car to make it a good car it had a 100,000 mile warranty because your going to need it

unhappy
By jverjano

I've had my veloster for about a year now and 17800 miles. I
am always having transmission problems
my local dealer doesn't do anything about.
I've been dealing with
Hyundai
Corp
not much help either.
my steering wheel I've changed two time already because the leather keeps peeling off. My radio gives me issues at time to.

No Go
By stoz

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

I've had my Veloster for a little over a year and have driven 37,000 miles with it.
I purchased this car because I needed something with great fuel economy, which I believe I got with the Veloster.
It looks cool and looks like it would be fun to drive.
It is neither.
When I test drove the car I figured I could get used to the power issue and just thought of all the money I would be saving in gas.
The trade off was not worth it.
Update:
Traded the car in after a year and a half of ownership for a used Audi A3. After much more research the Veloster would be one of the last cars I would choose if I could do it all over again.