Used 2007 Hyundai Tucson Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Tucson

View reviews for a specific Tucson model:

Speedometer Off
By ohiomom1

2007 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 2007 Tuscon for fuel economy.
I went from my 2003 Chrysler Town and Country Limited to the Tuscon for better fuel economy.
I like the car so far.
I have a GPS with my MPH on it and noticed that my speedometer was off by 3-5 miles so I took it in to the Hyundai dealership because it is still under the MFG warranty and was told that this is NORMAL according to the manual and there was nothing that could be done.
Very disappointing.
I have NEVER had my speedometer off in any of my previous vehicles.
Come on Hyundai - get it together.

More roomy then the Honda CR-V or Rav4

Better placement of center counsel, better MFG stereo system, better placement of steering wheel. My arm falls asleep driving in traffic.

I Absolutely Loved my Tuscon!!!
By slp12

2007 Hyundai Tucson GLS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Comfortable, smooth ride for myself and passengers.
My elderly parents get in and out easily.
Love the design and have always enjoyed driving it.
The fold-down seats lay flat and I've used this vehicle as much like a truck as I have a car.
Large items load easily in the back, and the clips on the back seats are great to keep groceries bags in place.
Cup holders for everyone.
But best of all is its safety.
I was reacently broadsided by another driver.
The force of the hit was extensive, but the vehicle did was it was designed to do: keep me as safe as possible.
I'm plan to get another Tuscon...just not satisfied with anything else out there...I've looked but can't find a comparable.

Safety, very roomy with plenty of leg room in the rear, lay-down seats lay completely flat with minimal obstructions from wheel-wells, comfortable and fun to drive.

improve the gas mileage

Hyundai Tuscon 2007
By MDW

2007 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Impressed with the solid build quality and reliability to date. Lacking somewhat in interior space, but then it is a 'compact', so not surprising really. Handles well in snow and on dirt roads, and the ESC works well. Privacy glass in the back is a good feature. WE tested the RAV4, CR-V, Escape and Patriot, and felt this was good value for money, with a similar feel of quality to the Honda or Toyota, but cheaper.

Sunroof Privacy glass ESC Heated seats Styling

Fuel consumption is a bit heavy when in a hurry. Extra trip features such as average MPG would be nice

Good Value
By Ellie

2007 Hyundai Tucson Limited 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Makes driving fun. Fuel is not bad, but could be better - 21-27. Had an oil leak when I first got it, but they fixed it, and it has been good. I did have a problem with the rubber filler along the fenders discoloring. That was replaced, but will need done again. I park in the same sunny place every day. Good visibility over cars in the same class.

Roomy - console holds a lot and has a rear outlet that is reachable from the front, so I can plug in a GPS in front, and charge a phone at the same time without an adapter. The dip in the dash holds the GPS where you need it.

Fuel consumption could be better. If they get this up into the 30's or better, they have a gold mine.

It's a steal!
By fierysprite

2007 Hyundai Tucson SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Hyundai in August of 2007 and haven't looked back since. It's reliable, fun and roomy. When comparing to other similar type vehicles (equinox, RAV, etc.,) you simply can't beat the reliability and price.

Fold down seats that lay flat, roof rack, sound system, heated outside mirrors (I live in MN), windshield that lifts independently of the back door.

Fuel consumption could be better; in fact,it's the only reason I would consider going with a different vehicle in the future.