Used 2007 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Tiburon

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Tampa Tib
By Tampa Tib

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my 07 Tiburon for over a year and I have not had a single problem with it in any way. This car is compact, and fun to drive. People will turn their head when they see you drive by. I have had compliments from other drivers while at the red light. The exterior gives a very sporty and pricey look. The interior is very sharp and modern looking. The vehicle is built very strong which is noticeable when you get in and close the door. Friends will want a ride with you all of the time. My friend say in the drivers seat, turned on the car and said "wow". The engine sounds great for a 4 cyl. and acceleration is impressive. I recommend this car mostly for reliability and looks.

Dual exhaust, pioneer sound system, exterior lights, interior, and Trunk space.

More power in the I4. Better acceleration while air is on.

One Year Later...
By Joe

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First, I gave the performance a 5 because a stock GS can hardly get out of it's own way but for less than a GT costs you can upgrade performance parts that will not void the warranty and make it faster than a GT or SE. With that said. The car is way under priced! Exterior design is somewhat exotic and the interior, even after a year, is still not boring. Since owning the car I've had to replace my interior carpet because a hole wore in just below the gas pedal. That can be blamed on the dealer because they never gave me floor mats. Overall this is an awesome car but if you can afford it go with the GT or SE.

Exterior body style, Ability to add performance parts without vioding warranty.

Give the base model a significant horsepower boost.

My Shark
By Corke2

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Tib--previously owned a 2003 GT. I have had no problems. It is a fun car to drive and the price was right.

Cornering, sunroof, automatic climate control, comfortable seats

Maybe a tad bit longer so the back seats can be utilized for more than my briefcase.

Cool Ride
By Mike

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I owned this car for 1 year now, and has no problem with it. Still perform great, I have no problem with the performance of the car, as I can easily overtake any audis, bmws or benzies on the highway. Its true that the tiburon is not as powerful as some other high performance sport cars, but speed defend on both the driver and the car not just the car alone. The tib can easily do 180 km/h, but then again only pro race car drivers would drive any faster... Simply put, the tiburon is best of class in term of price per features. If you crave that extra power then you can easily add a supercharger on your tiby for only a few grands.

The exterior design is stunning, if the Tib has no logo on it to identify the manufacturer, it would have look like some expensive and exotic sports car.

Bolt on a SuperCharger or a Turbo on all model. It easy to do and not so expensive, I don't know why Hyundai have not done it so far.

What a GREAT driving/owning experience!
By EvB

2007 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

We originally owned an '03 Tiburon and '02 Jetta. We wanted to downsize to 1 car, so it had to be reliable, high-quality, and with great performance. Our '03 Tib had been awesome, but we initially felt like trying something new. We test drove 7 other '07 cars including Acura TSX, Eclipse GT, and Lexus is250. To our surprise, none of them could match Tiburon's combo of reliability, quality, performance, warranty, and features we wanted --- except the Lexus for $11,000 more! So, we bought the '07 SE (6-cyl manual). LOVE this car. A joy to drive, beautiful inside and out. Trust us: the back seat is fine for 2 adults for around town; front seat has as much headroom as the Jetta. 100% satisfied!

Cloth/leather sports seats, European sport suspension, smooth transmission, MPG indicator on dash, great cabin heating/cooling (key in the Midwest!), instrument cluster/interior lighting, Traction control/ESC, sports tires (we also bought winter tires for Midwest winters--good call this year!)

Don't understand why the hatch does not have remote entry like the driver and passenger doors. Was worth the "sacrifice" though