Used 2007 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Tiburon

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

I wish I had known
By darkcarnival

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I read some reviews on here when I was looking for a car. I wish I had found all the reviews about how the clutch on this car is junk. I am NOT even joking, I bought the car used with 40k miles - the day after I drove it off the lot the clutch started slipping. Yes, the day after, I wish it had slipped during the test drive. I guess Hyundai is notorious for having bad clutches. The clutch warranty on a new car is only 12K miles / 1 Year.... for a reason. Oh, and of course I bought the extended warranty that does not cover clutches, as I found out. The dealership quoted me on the low end $1400. AGH! This is my Karma for buying a foreign car I guess.

The color.

Hyundai settle with the class action law suit against them and fix the HUGE clutch problem they have.

Great look but overall JUNK
By shadowh127

2007 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my SE 14 months ago with 15,000 miles.
It now has 35,000 miles on it and I'm told needs a new clutch for $3000.
I reported a problem from the 1st week and again 3 additional times prior to this past week but because they couldn't duplicate the problem dismissed it.
It has been into the Hyundai dealership over a dozen times for things such as: sunroof not functioning properly, bad tpms sensors, faulty driver buckle pretensioner (causing airbag light to come on), cruise control didn't work, fuel gauge faulty, temp guage, acceleration issues - CLUTCH. Do your research prior to buying any Tiburon, they seem to have many similar issues.
I will NEVER buy a Hyundai again!

Sunroof and the look

A recall for poorly manufactured parts!

UNDERpowered
By MOdriver

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought mine w/ 5000 miles, put 38,000 on it. Sold it because i had a family and you can BARELY squeeze a baby seat in the back, not practical. I bought it thinking this would be a peppy sports car, but was disappointed. Going from my Saturn to this was a step up, but not much. 170 hp and still only be in the 23mpg highway area makes this car not worth the money. It was reliable, handled fairly well, nice ride, and comfortable.

radio, nice leather seats, instrument panel setup, nice exterior styling

ENGINE & TRANSMISSION. More hp, better mpg, and 4 gears in the automatic make no sense. slim performance tires make it tough on bumpy roads and you have no performance from this underpowered 2.7L to worry about tires

For the souless.
By pukklepopper

2007 Hyundai Tiburon GS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a good runner, as long as you don't want to run fast or in comfort. Never had any mechanical issues with this car, but it feels completely underpowered and lifeless when on the road.

Exterior styling.

Engine, transmission, comfortable seats, brakes, some torque please

Turns heads
By Brendan

2007 Hyundai Tiburon SE 2dr Hatchback (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Overall, I have had a great experience with this car. I bought it new and have had it for 2 1/2 years now. It currently has a little over 50,000 miles on it. I have taken several road trips in it and it is surprisingly comfortable. It also turns heads. I have literally had people pull up to me and ask what kind of car it was and were stunned that it was a Hyundai. I would highly suggest getting the SE because the 6-speed helps make full use of the small amount of power to make it feel faster than it really is.

Seats, looks, 6-speed, wheels, blue interior lights

I have only had two problems with the car. The first was the tires. The Hankook tires were toast after 15,000 miles even when rotating regularly. I bought new Kumhos and those have been great I also had the two rear hub bearings go out after less than 40,000 miles but the dealer replaced them free.