Used 2004 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews - 197 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Hyundai Tiburon

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Very good for the money
By darandell

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Everyone who has had a complaint seems to have the manual tranny. While admittedly the automatic is not super powerful, it is a 2.0L 4cyl so what did you expect...?
Brake pads changed at 125,000km and 200,000. Rortors replaced at 200,000 (could have machined, but chose to replace.

Small things like wiper motor and washer fluid pump went, but $30 on eBay and some elbow grease fixed it up well.

At 220,000kms now and I need some suspension work, but even with not so frequent oil changes (every 9,000 or so kms) the thing is a beauty.

Original battery just went at 220,000. Fantastic vehicle for the money I paid for it. Way hotter than the Genesis.

Front leg room (I am 6'2") is a big plus. Hatchback makes it capable of transporting almost anything. Most of all, looks hot! I was told that designers from Porsche were consulted in the redesign of the chassis for the 2004 model...

for a $17,000 car, it is pretty good.

not too bad
By bpg

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ive had my tibby for almost a year. it has 39,000 miles. Im pretty pleased with it, but for being a 4 cylinder "sports" car its pretty slow.. I tried racing my friend who has a very old crappy car and he kept up with me the whole time. i wish it was faster.. the only problems I had was a headlight going out and the tires seem to bald quickly.
but the style is awesome. its a good little car for a small gal like me.

sun roof. sound system! hatch back

speed!

Beautiful vehicle and fun to drive
By Vedli

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I am a dealer and have purchased all types of vehicles. When I bought this one I was just thinking about dollar signs and how quick it would be to sell to a racer boy. Although when I drove it back it had amazing pick up and stuck to the road with a lot of control. I have read some of the other posts and find it funny, this is a very fast car if you are skilled enough to shift it fast enough. The shifting is very smooth, HP is great, interior and exterior looks fabulous. The front end looks I don't really like although easily fixed with the right body kit. I come from a diverse family of vehicles from the G35 to the Pontiac GTO and by far this one is another keeper in my book.

Body lines, Alloys, Interior, Shifting, quick revs, control.

front end is not as great looking as the rest of the vehicle. Would be cool in a RWD although I learned to drift in a FWD so no big deal to me.

Love it but it hates me
By Chelsea

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love almost everything about this car but it seems to hate my guts. Bought it with about 90,000 miles on it and after about 6 months the problems started happening. New Clutch, New Timingbelt, was modified with a coldair intake before my purchase and had no cover so it would suck up water when it rained and the check engine light would pop on, front gas pipe leak, front and back oil valve seepage, cover on the moonroof broke, rear window washer broke, driver side window broke, etc. Basically it needs massive repairs every 1-2 months. Not sure if its just a lemon or not because I constantly have different mechanics telling me what great shape it's in and how clean the engine is.

beautiful interior and exterior, rides really well, and the clutch is easier then most manuals I've driven.

Seats look cool but aren't all that comfy

I HATE this car!
By Lauren

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is a terrible car. Not only is outrageously slow for a "sports" car, having less than 200 hp and a 0-60 over 7 sec, the gas mileage poor for being that slow. Plus it is front wheel drive. My other car is faster with 300+ hp and a 0-60 around 5 sec and better on gas. Also, so many things in this car have broken both mechanical and electrical. The axles, the window motors, the radio, the transmission has had multiple issues, and one of the headlights go out about every month. Not to mention the "dual exhaust" is not really dual exhaust it is one pipe that splits into two. This car surprises me every day with its crapiness.

The sunroof is nice.

Make the engine more efficient. If the car is only going to have 180 hp then at least let it get 30 mpg.