Used 2003 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews - 313 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Hyundai Tiburon

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Most reliable, fun, sexy car
By Morgan

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car at 54k miles, and it got totaled at 80k miles in one year. I drove their car for 32 hours straight from Jonestown, PA, to El Paso Tx. My "Tibby" had nothing wrong with it but general maintenance. The person who owned it previously took as great of care of the car as I did. Once you own one, it is hard to replace it. My Tibby's battery was beat for 2 months, and I just pumped the gas a little, and it never once refused to start for me. The car turned heads wherever I went, and the engine is very well built. I had plans to add pink interior lights, paint the emblems pink, and add a windshield "Tiburon" decal in pink. My car had after-market rims, and a sweet sound system.

Infinity sound system, engine, semi-manual shift, leather interior quality, black paint color (sexy), sun/moon roof, reliability, keyless entry, hatchback trunk, tight handling, inexpensive parts to customize with, beautiful, sexy, easy to fall in love with car. I miss mine so much.

the accessories such as keyless entry,clock,air-conditioning,interior lights,and speakers are cheaply made. But I found that minor, because I was going to redo everything anyways lol

Would not buy another
By surrah

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car used with 72,000 miles on it. Totally unreliable! I am always scared to take it on trips because something is always going wrong. Right after I bought it the engine light came on. Spent $2,000 trying to find out what was wrong with it. Clutch went out another 2,000 miles later. $1,200. A/C went out just barley with 79,000 miles. $150. Tires blew out also on my way to catch a flight $900 (expensive tires with NO warranty!) Awful car I do love the outside of it though I am always getting head turned. Don't really care that the back seat is small because no one rides with me. I realize I bought this used but not worth the money I've put back into it

Style

More reliable?

A love/hate relationship... with my car!
By srhall89

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

A very fun car to drive... When it isn't in the shop! Purchased from the dealership with 56k miles on it, one owner, and had problems since I got it! Passengers side strut was busted when I bought it, around $650 to get it fixed. Ran good for a while.. I bumped into a curb and broke the strut again, also set the drivers' side airbag off when I hit the curb... Was only going around 15 MPH. Engine had began to make a strange clicking noise when a few weeks later my transmission defaulted to third gear. Transmission fluid and antifreeze began leaking into each other, paint started flaking off spoiler and passengers side mirror, stereo display went out, moonroof rattles very bad when opened.

Really good stereo (if you get the upgrade), has some really good get up and go to it (beat an '02 Mustang and on '03 Cougar in a race), leather features (wrapped steering wheel and gearshifter), like the silver interior accents, nice body style, roasts the tire easily. Body is made of sturdy metal.

Craftmanship! Had to replace the same strut three times, a strut clamp, oil pump, radiator, gas line sprung a leak, was replaced, leaked again.. Needs better paint quality. Hyundai just needs to re-make this car out of good, quality parts.

My Tibby & Me
By Tibby Owner

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Hyundai off the show room floor. She had 4 miles on her. Now, 101,000 miles later we've come quite a ways together. Many memories in what I'd consider to be a very reliable car. While "Tibby" seems to be beginning to slowly break down...She has been very fun and reliable over the past 7 years. I'd love to trade her in for a new one but sadly they are no more. If you're looking for a comfortable seat, exciting ride, sleek design, and speed this is your vehicle.

Speed, "Shift Tronic" Automatic Transmission allows for downshifting when driver feels ness., comfortable seats that hug the driver, sleek design inside & out, great (standard) sound system, and amazing control.

Change color of dash lights (anything but red). MPG not great. If speed control is on while CD is playing when you step on the break you hear a clicking noise that gets a little annoying. Easier access to parts (engine etc.) its hard to do maintenance on your own.

my tibby
By eyedrivealot

2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car since it was new. I have 174,000 miles on it currently. I have had no transmission issues or engine issues. Have gone thru two water pumps. Two timing belts, one set of rotors and 3 sets of tires. I would say their ac has issues. I had the car in four times and finally at 130,000 miles the regional manager ok'ed them to replace the whole ac system in my car free of charge. I think their paint could be better but I did get a great deal and the car has served me very faithfully. I drive all over the state, thru snow, rain and hot temperate weather. This car has done it all. I am finally letting it go as a baby doesn't fit all that great in it. I will miss my tiburon.

V6 ,rims,leather,infinity stereo is nice for stock.Handling as well.

Better pint quality,especially on plastic parts.Fix the ac and electrical issues. And anti lock should be standard on any car that costs 18,000$ .