Used 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Hyundai Tiburon

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:

Really Good Car!
By Sally

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've never had a moments trouble with my "sports car". This car is great to drive, and as far as the noise quotient - it's a sports car! If you want an uber-quiet drive, buy your grandpa's car. If you want a reliable, fun, good performing, and great gas mileage car, complete with loads of compliments, buy this car!!!

Exterior design, stick shift, acceleration of vehicle.

None!

A great car!
By Tom Marshall

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car partly because of the excellent 10 yr/100,000 mile warranty, because the reviews were saying Hyundai had solved quality issues, and the price was right! The main issue for me from day one has been rear visibility, and a problem with the headlights burning out periodically (a minor problem, and replacement was free of course). In sum, I love this car, and am very, very likely to return to Hyundai for my next car! This car new, & loaded, was $14,000! I occasionally research the market for new cars and based on value, quality, and features, repeatedly find Hyundai is best!

The front end looks great, the side and rear appearance are OK. Rear seat will hold 2 kids 10 yr/old or under adequately. Nothing has ever broken down on this car other than the headlight problem which was covered by warranty and resolved itself early on.

Open a dealership in San Francisco! This is the one issue I have with buying another Huyndai. I don't want to have to commute to the dealership for service. Hyundai quality is no longer poor, just the opposite, and considering value and warranty advantages with this brand, is outstanding!

2001 Hyundai
By Alanna

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car to drive around city and fun summer vehicle. Not good for country night driving on dark country roads. I had alot of fun driving in the warm months but do not like how it handles on ice and in snow. This car has great miles per gallon. I bought this car brand new and thought very reliable until this past year. Transmission went out so it was great to have the 100,000 mile warranty.

I love the looks and inside design. Even after almost 7 years old, the car still looks brand new.

Better design needed for night driving. More saftey features needed in the event of an accident.

I will never purchase another Hyundai
By trisha

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I presently have 67,000 miles on my car. Recently, I have had nothing but problems it. Although I have done all the scheduled maintenance on this vehicle, everything not covered under warranty is wearing out. In the last couple of months, I have had to put almost $2500 into it to keep it running. I am also being told that the clutch and the power steering are going at this point. I have taken care of the car, and not run it hard. This is my second Hyundai (my first was in the 1980's), and I thought with the warranty I was getting a better car. Not so. The drive train warranty covers only the internal engine and internal tranny parts - the dealerships don't tell you that. Buyer beware.

I like the styling. That's about it.

Anything and everything under the hood. I've found the parts wear out quickly, conveniently right after the bumper to bumper warranty expires. Tires are $200 a piece and you have to buy them to keep the car under warranty. Required maintenance is expensive (almost 1K at 60K miles). Not worth it.

Much better than you think
By CL

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is pretty good. The only problem I've had is that my front wheel bearing was shot around 80,000 miles. The dealership fixed it for free under 100,000 mile warranty. No other problems so far and I'm nearing the 100,000 mile mark. I do my own oil changes, and did my own tune-up. Paint is still excellent even though I park it outside. I did wax it a couple times. Overall, an excellent car, but not very comfortable because after a long drive, my back hurts. The only time I had to call a tow truck was when I ran out of gas. LOL.

Reliable.

Seat not very comfortable.