Used 2011 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews - 599 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Update
By akabud

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Limited w/nav for over 2 months now and haven't had a single problem. On strictly hwy driving, I've gotten 41.2 mpg @65-70 mph. Averaging 27.2 mpg overall. In dash mpg readout is almost identical to the mpg when I figure it manually. Comments on noisy tires are probably due to the fact that they are low rolling resistance tires for better mpg. Still, this car is quieter than the Acura TL I traded in. As for the ride, the Sonata rides better than the aforementioned Acura TL. No rattles, no squeaks, no problems with fit and finish, no leather seat issues, etc. The adaptive transmission has not given me any issues and shifts up/down almost unnoticeable. 100% satisfied with the Sonata

Absolutely love everything about this car.

Please, a more upscale horn. Planning on going to the dealer to see if they can replace it with one from the Genesis. If not, still no biggie!

Love My SE!
By melibrarian

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Picked up my new Sonata SE a week ago and really love my car. NO rattles or noises to report. Driving it is so much fun as it hugs the curves and handles very well. Can't agree with others who say the acceleration leaves something to be desired; I find it zips along just fine, thank you. Yes, the low profile tires give a slightly bumpy ride and the horn is in dire need of a testosterone infusion. Lots of interior room, a very important factor since I'm a large person, and comfortable seating in the front and rear. I optioned out of the navigation/moonroof package and don't regret it a bit. I haven't enjoyed driving this much since getting my learner's permit 30 years ago.

Exterior body styling is great (Venetian red really shows off its lines) and love the blue dash lighting. Sound system is great too.

Please, give this vehicle a horn that doesn't sound like a motor scooter's.

Lots of tire noise!
By itsme

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Hit a road that isn't perfectly smooth and you'll think you're driving an Excel not a Sonata. Far too much road noise compared to other cars in this class. It has the same tire noise level as my 2001 Ford Focus. I had Dynamat insulation installed under back seat and fiberglass insulation put inside the car above the wheel wells and two layers of yoga mats in the trunk and it did nothing to reduce the tire noise. Has anyone tried other tires? I'm thinking of getting Michelin Primacys.

The looks great!

Quiet the car down and soften the suspension a little, I feel like I'm driving a small truck not a refined car.

Rain
By Steve

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Absolutely amazed with the quality of this beast. 4000 miles no rattles no problems. Couple of complaints minor - don't crack the windows in the rain --you will get wet -- the elbow padding could be better -- and the electric steering - I seem to be chasing it alot to keep it straight. 32.7 ave mpg 80 miles a day highway 5 city. Pretty good not as good as my civic but much more comfortable.

The sun visor is the coolest thing.

Fix the airflow around the windows and seal the bottom of the door sill so it doesn't get dirty when it rains looks really nasty all the road grime collects there.

Great Value
By Kathy

2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my car in May and so far have no complaints. I have been accustomed to driving higher end cars, but have to admit that for the money spent on the Sonata vs. more expensive makes/models, in my opinion the Sonata is the best bang for the buck! Good gas mileage, plenty of pep, great looks, lots of bells and whistles. Overall a fantastic car for the money.

Love the Blue Tooth and XM Radio. Dual air, heated front and rear seats, looks favor that of Mercedes, Lexus, BMW.

If anything at all needs improvement I could only wish for the passenger front seat to be power.