Used 2011 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews - 599 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

My Third Sonata too!
By jlwibanks

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought a 2011 Sonata slightly used with 9k miles on it and got a great deal from a Dallas, TX dealership. I traded in my Chrysler 300c Hemi - I was sick of driving it from gas station to gas station. What a revalation the Sonata is! It is so much easier to drive and cornering is way better than the 300c which just felt like a tank. Yes the Hemi had more power, but the Sonata is lighter and really does need it. I was very curious about real-world gas mileage so the first day I bought it, I took it round trip from Dallas to Plano and back on mixed city/highway driving. I averaged 35.7 mpg on the freeway cruising at 75 mph - I am sure if I went slower, it would probably be closer to 40.

I have loved the shape of this car since it came out - it is so much sleeker than a Camry or Accord or even the new Altima - they all look so incongruent in design - this one just flows all the way around - and the new Passat, I am sorry but it is boring! I love interior, I got one with Nav and blu tooth and of course, the MP3 direct input. My Hemi did not have blu tooth or MP3 input or even an aux.

It is not quite as quiet as I remember the hemi was, I think the tire noise is a little more obvious but not too bad compared to a Honda Accord. Also, the engine is a little buzzy but generally smooth overall. I am looking forward to my (almost) new Sonata in Sparkling Ruby metallic. This is my third Sonata - I never had any trouble with the first two, I just trade cars a lot.

On my third Hyundai
By bdb07

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned the '03, '05, & the '11 sonata's, and I am sold on the car. I love the look, the reliability, & gas mileage of the car. The front seat is a little uncomfortable. It's just shaped unusual. I love the bluetooth hookup. The stock stereo sounds good, but I don't blast my music. My window tint is holding up very well. I love the huge trunk, & the fact that you can tip the back seats down to make room for longer items from the trunk. Stock tires didn't last long at all, but I've replaced them with better tires with long warranty. The car rides quiet
& handles great. When I'm ready to buy another car...I will be looking at another Hyundai

Lines in the exterior of the car. The sleek look is awesome. The cabin is very look appealing. Trunk is very spacious

Most of all, improve the comfort of the seating.

Hyundai Sonata
By bhud

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We love it! Great Fuel Mileage!

MPG, Confort, The Drive.

Excellent vehicle
By tecolotelrd

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought a used 2011 SE with 29K miles and so far I really like this car. It has great exterior design, the interior feels well built and the materials do not feel cheap at all. The features are really nice and ride comfort is great for my standards. The only concern I had was about the left pull I read so much about, so when I test drove this vehicle, I paid the most attention to this. Either the issue was fixed previously or it never had it because at 70-75 mph it never pulled to any side.

After 40k and 3 years, she's still beautiful, but...
By dandedor

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Design: The car is beautiful inside and out, and the paint is still shiny. The ergonomics are great. The materials are decent, but the seat is uncomfortable.

MPG: In mixed driving, I average 24 MPG. On the highway, I get 35 MPG.

Engine: For a four-cyl, it moves nicely, but man it is LOUD!

Transmission: Smooth as silk.

Handling: The worst part of the car. Its like there's a marshmallow holding the steering wheel to the wheels. So numb. The ride is jittery as well. Brakes are a-ok.

Aging: The car feels much cheaper now compared to three years ago. The engine is loud after 1.5k RPMs. Several rattles have developed in the cabin.

The bluetooth audio and USB input are super cool. There are also a billion places to put stuff in the cabin. The engine is a smooth balance between power/MPG. Highway ride is quiet and refined. Automanual transmission is slick. Reliability has been amazing.

The ride is jittery and transmits every little bump. The suspension are too loose - on cornering, the car leans noticeably. It feels like a Toyota - just not fun to drive. The steering really leaves something to be desired. The front seat has zero lumbar support - I use a support pillow.