Used 2010 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Fantastic GLS!!
By pkteacher01

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this 2010 vehicle recently and I have absolutely no complaings.
I am use to driving a mini-van and love the comforts of the size, storage, and power.
Due to gas costs I looked for a smaller vehicle with the comfort of a minivan and one that I could afford.
I absolutely love this car.
This car has so much power to be a 4 cylinder and the gas mileage is fantastic.
The technology and comfort is amazing.
This even has cruise control--on a standard!
Rides like a dream, quiet, and even on bumpy roads it is smooth.
I love my car and you will too!

interior, power, comfort, price, and gas mileage

none

Love it!
By mtck95

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2008 Mazda Tribute for the 2010 Hyundai Sonata. I wanted something with better gas mileage and a better interior design- I found it! I love my Sonata and do not feel like I lost much interior space going from the small SUV to a sedan. I ended up with a cheaper payment, better gas mileage, and a vehicle that I believe will be more reliable long-term. It handles well and is fun to drive! I'm very happy with my purchase.

Interior design and the standard features that aren't standard on other models. The trunk is large, so I'm still able to hold everything I could in my SUV.

At times there seems to be excessive wind noise in the cabin.

Lovin it
By Jim

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased for the mpg and it has not disappointed. Quiet, comfortable on my 80 round trip everyday. A bigger fuel tank and much better mileage than my old Buick. A little buzzy at 75+ mph but I shouldn't be driving that fast anyway.

The MPG

A six speed manual but I think they addressed that with the 2011 model

Car Failed At High Speeds
By Mary

2010 Hyundai Sonata GLS PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My Sonata has been great for the 8 months I owned it until last week. While driving at 65 mph on a highway, the car died, completely shut down. Nothing I could do but wait to be hit from behind, which I was. The dealer inspected the car and told me the battery cable connection was very loose which probably caused the problem. The car lost its power connection. Today I learned that this may have been a dealer error as the car battery is charged just prior to turning it over to the buyer, and no maintenance on the car in these 8 months would have involved doing anything to this cable. Dealer won't take any responsibility. Another case of screwing the consumer. I could have been killed.

Hankook Tires
By Bob

2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car, fun to drive. The main problem are the Hankook tires as they wore out in less than 1 year. Only 18,000 miles on car and now I need to spend $600.00 for new tires. hankook tires would NOT even pro-rata tires. Avoid these tires, absolute JUNK!