Used 2007 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews - 320 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Watch out Japan!!!
By Art

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm not one to make rash decisions, so it took many months (almost 3) to finally decide on the 07 Sonata. I looked at the Big 3 Japanese competitors - Accord, Camry & Altima, and I have to tell you, for the money, features and warranty, none of them even came close to giving me what Hyundai did at the price I paid. I have owned my car for over a month now and am so glad I made this purchase. The V6 engine is so smooth, and can definitely "pop" your neck if you have a heavy foot. I continue to get nothing but compliments telling me what a beautiful car it is. If Hyundai continues on this pace, I will definitely buy new one in a couple of years.

The 3.3 V6. Plenty of power for city and highway. 17" wheels and tires. Moonroof. All around good looks.

No IPOD/MP3 plug!!!!!!! This has to be addressed. My interior is a light gray, so keeping it clean is tough. I probably would have used more blacks or darker colors.

Impressed by this car!
By krobert917

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I researched more than 10 cars over the last 8 months comparing gas mileage, saftey features, reliablity, price, and looks. The 2007 Hyundai Sonato won hands down over the other makes & models. There is simply more car for your dollar. It is safe, gets very good gas mileage for the V-6 and it's size in SW Pa. (24 miles/gal+), it looks, feels, and drives like a luxury sedan! I am impressed thus far with the feel of the car - it is also fun to drive! And there is lots and lots of room in this car.

Love the interior and it has a sharp looking exterior. I get a lot of complements on it. The numerous saftey features go all out. I am pleased with the gas mileage. I love the V-6 option. The other creature comforts are numerous and easy to find. Giant trunk.

It could use a bit more headroom in the driver seat for people taller than 5'9". And there could be power adjustments for the passenger seat.

One Year Review
By Tomalot

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have now owned my 07' GLS for a little over a year with zero problems. After 13,500 miles it drives like the day I bought it. Great mileage--I get between 28 and 31mpg on every fill up (mixed driving). Hyundai's commitment to quality for an excellent price with a great warranty is almost too good to be true. Plenty of power for a 4 cylinder, smooth ride, and all the safety and features you need. No wonder it is a top 10 best selling car in America.

Safety standards:6 airbags, abs, traction control, electronic stability control. The trunk is gigantic, gas mileage is great, smooth ride, and overall excellent value. Highly recommended.

Offer a hybrid, but make sure it actually gets much better mileage (like 40+mpg). Other than that, the center console seems to vibrate sometimes, but for $5K less than Camry, i'll deal with it.

2007 Hyandai Sonata
By jrh

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Feels powerful and quiet on the road.

Interior is very nice. Feels luxurious.

Air controls could be improved.

Limited Edition V6
By Sean

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It's no-more "good for the money Hyundai" I would get this car even without the rebate. The build quality and the design is amazing. It has fast, yet smooth acceleration, unlike other competitors. Very comfortable interior, largest among other similar car's tested. I'm very happy that I made the choice to buy this car.

Good looking. Fast & smooth acceleration. Large trunk space. Comfortable interior. Very quite.

None