Used 2007 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews - 320 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

The best car!
By danny88

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been the best car ever! it has awesome power not to comfortable sometimes but very reliable.As long as you take care of it,it will last you forever!We have over 155k on it and she still fires right up,runs great, and purs like a kitten :)

The power of the engine!

Brake light and headlight go alot. :(

I love my Sonata
By youcantseeme

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have 125k+ Miles on my car and it's still going strong! I was told it gets 21-24 city miles per gallon, but I get 26-31 mpg as long as I'm keeping up with maintenance and what not (air filter changes, oil changes, etc. also have fuel efficient tires) I also drive on cruise control as much as possible which makes a huge difference.

the interior is comfortable and roomy, the exterior is pretty standard. No complaints.

only repairs I've needed so far were very minor ones that are to be expected or were just standard maintenance (aka windshield wipers, headlights, new brakes, new tires, etc.) but the car runs like a dream.

It's a smooth comfortable ride, the AC is ice cold in the summer and the heat keeps you comfortable in the winter. I also enjoy the radio volume controls on the steering wheel.

Make some parts easier to fix yourself. Like the headlights and such. There's a process to replacing a lightbulb, instead of just clicking it in.

Best bang for your buck
By figopete

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned 3 Hondas (1 Acura), currently have a Nissan, Porsche and my Hyundai Sonata. Guess which car we take on long trips ? Yes, Hyundai Sonata. Also its my wife's daily car.
Its very reliable, no major problems at all so far. It currently has over 170,000 miles on it. Only six years old.
NONE of my Hondas including my Acura lasted over 170,000 without a major problem. Neither did my Nissan or Porsche.
Its very quite, comfortable, good power. We bought it after careful research comparing Accord and Camry which were WAY overpriced. Few problems I've encountered is the replacing of bulbs often and I'm not a fan of driver's seating position adjuster. Besides that nothing to grip about.

Power, quite roomy cabin, reliability. Most reliable ar I've ever owned. Most you get for your money I think.

better driver's seat then again its not a sports car seats that will hug you. Maybe I'm being unfair comparing to my Porsche's seats on twisty roads. Maybe the new Hyundai Sonata's have made improvements on seating and bulb problems, haven't drove one yet.

Meh
By joetshmoe

2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Personally, I think my boxers are nothing more than a piece of fabric between my body and my zipper.
Try telling that to someone that just spent $50 on underwear.
If you have a similar attitude towards your car, as a piece of metal between the road and your bum, this will satisfy you.
The car has plenty of power for a 4 cyl sedan, more than the 0-60 time leads you to believe, because the transmission is so slushy that you can spin the front wheels at will thanks to a 2000-rpm spread between cruise and go.
Textbook slushbox.
The steering and directional stability are horrible.
The interior fabric still smells like cigs in very hot sun over a year after ONE cigarette was smoked in it.

The wheel is stuck to the right, since new, and the dealer refuses to do anything about it. That warranty is a joke. The car thunks on every down-then-up bump, sounds like its coming from right under the hood (strut mount?). Again, dealer doesn't care. The car beeps 12 times every time I start it, and pesters everyone with beeps every time you take your seatbelt off (even in park), open a door, etc. It drives you crazy. The knobs on the stereo have broken after less than 10k, and, surprise surprise, not covered under warranty. The car barely ever gets the advertised mileage of 28, even when the tires are pumped up to 38 and the cruise control is set on 65. Bump-steer is the worst

I've ever felt. The trunk is very stiff, and the whole body of the car sounds like a marble in a can when you thwack your thumb against it, the center armrest is made out of material you'd expect a boat deck to be made out of; the wheel feels like steering a boat that's floating in maple syrup, the engine sounds like its killing itself every time you venture north of 4500 rpms, though it does pull smoothly, the rear end creaks when i back out my driveway (i'll let you guess how the dealer feels about that one), and every little plastic piece that covers a screw seems to have fallen off at least once. All you can credit hyundai for is keeping up with the times, and investing in mass appeal.

A few problems but OK overall
By danloudfoot

2007 Hyundai Sonata SE 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

As many others stated both of my visors broke. This is a safety hazard and its sad they have not recalled this. I fixed the problem with two cheap strong metal clips that I clipped to the hand/grips. I had an oil leak that was not cheap to fix. My TPMS light is on and its $200. to fix that sensor...I dont know what good it does because I can still see when tire pressure is low so its going to stay on. It has a huge trunk. Its smooth on the highway and the gas is good on highway but sucks it up in the city. I bought it with 30k it now has 103k and has been a good car with minor issues.

XM is good. If you get it make sure you get a good deal with them...threaten to leave then they will give you a good promotion. It has a nice smooth ride. Sunroof is good and has not leaked yet. rims are nice well designed car they just need to improve the mileage.

Fix those visors! Better gas mileage...guess they did this with the new hybrid. better paint mine is flaking up too along with others.