Used 2006 Hyundai Sonata LX Consumer Reviews - 264 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Hyundai Happy BUT ....
By buyforless

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the 2006 Sonata LX V6 in June. Fresh off the factory floor. Good price for a good car despite two early recalls for minor fixs. Has good pick-up to get on highway. Good visibility. interesting areodynamics. You should see the air flow pattern from the driver seat when its snowing. Fasticinating. Easy reach to all important controls. Seat warmers work well - almsot to well. Downsides: Poor handing in snow. Darn seat belt bell wont stop ringing if you get out of the car with it idle.

Just about everything except as noted.

Terrible in the snow. Has a potential design defect. Turning your rear defrost on while your FM radio is also on causes audio static. Electric field from defroster interfers with FM radio reception.

Great Value
By Gabriel

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle to replace my 2003 Mini Cooper (too small). A+ to the team at Hyundai. I am very pleased with my purchase. This is our second Hyundai and this company keeps improving every year. Interior quality and design are of a very high standard. Powerful, quiet, and fuel efficient v-6. It rides smoothly on the highway and it handles well in small curvy roads. The standard safety features, stability control and curtain air bags, were a big factor in our purchase of this vehicle over the established Camry and Accord. I also prefer the styling of the Sonata over the Japanese competition. In my opinion, this is simply the best value in the mid-size market segment.

Outstanding engine. I really like the heated seats and the automatic air conditioner. Peace of mind with long list of safety features.

Folding rearview mirrors are a must for any modern sedan.

Love my Sonata
By Ben

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Drove the Accord, Camery and the Subaru. The Sonata is a basic luxury car. By that I mean it has all the right stuff where I want/need it, not overstuffed with gadgets like the Honda. Ride is excellent and relaxing. Our first Hyundai, but not our last (if it ever wears out!). I have nothing neg to say about this car, love what it looks like too.

Ride, looks, price and performance (V6 is a hoot, hang on!),

More cup holders

Good Buy For The Money
By gdg

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Good quality for the money. Many standard options that are extra on others of the same class both domestic and foreign. Cannot beat the warranty!

V-6 has a lot of power. Smooth shifting transmission.

Remote radio station changer on the wheel with the other radio controls. Softer suspension, ride can be a bit stiff.

I love my hyundai
By Jerry

2006 Hyundai Sonata LX 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Ilove the way it handles and holds the road. The brakes are awsome on this vehicle. The transmission is perfect it shifts up and down, like a standard shift.

I love the controls on the steering wheel for the radio and cruise control.

I would like to see them offer a power passenger seat. Radio controls for changing the stations on the steeringwheel.