Used 2001 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Hyundai Sonata

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Very pleased
By jackster

2001 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2001 v6 24 valve dohc from a lady who obviously had taken care of her car this car drives very well and is great on the highway when you need to pass not lacking in acceleration I owned a 1982 Toyota supra celica gts with the same size engine and this little sleeper runs just as good with the same performance with a little smoother ride I would recommend this car to anyone and as a bonus I picked it up for 2000 Canadian which was a steal she actually cried when I took it away from her lol my gain !

ride acceleration handling

cruise on the steering wheel

Reliable Hyundai
By Love my Sonata

2001 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After doing much research, I found my Hyundai Sonata to be everything claimed. The six cylinder model is a very quiet, smooth ride. It accelerates when applied and the cruise control is amazing. Other than the big turning radius(which was disclosed), I have nothing but good things to say about it. It is a large roomy car so 20 mpg (in town) wasn't a bad statistic. As with all automobiles, regular maintenance is a must.

Smooth, quite ride and reliability.

I would like better mpg and a much smaller turning radius. Being 5'9", I would like the steering wheel column a bit longer so my legs and arms can rest comfortably when driving. Moving the seat back as far as I need for my legs, makes me stretch my arms uncomfortably to reach the steering wheel.

AWESOME CAR!!!
By Michelle R.

2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I really love this car. My Fiancee bought me the car as a present to replace my old Nissan Altima. It has plenty of room for our kids. Is great on mileage and the sun roof is a lot of fun on sunny days in Florida. I would recommend the car to anyone!

Sun Roof

Love It!!!!!
By Cmt4lif02

2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my car for a year now and it has been the best thing ever. It has gotten me back and forward to school, and the gas mileage is good. The car also has great handling and control. I've had minimal problems with the car. It holds up well when something is wrong though. I would suggest this car for any young driver.

Great Brakes, The best sound system, and it heats up fast in the winter.

The strength of the wheel bearings.

loved my sonata :)
By misslyssa85

2001 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Until someone smashed into mine last week :-( I loved my Sonata. I just got it back in February. I would definitely recommend it to others. Never had any problems (I know I only had it a short time). Basic maintenance. I loved having the V6 engine, it handled well, good brakes, very comfortable. The only thing I didn't like was the cupholders. They were in an awkward place. But overall, I miss my car and want another one just like it!!

comfortable seats, love the engine power and the sunroof

cupholders need relocation