2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Consumer Review: Finally Got it Right!

2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 6-speed Automatic)

Finally Got it Right!
By gilbertgirl47 on

2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Purchased 2012 Hybrid in Aug 2012. Loved it.
After a week, it started 'lurching' sometimes and the gas mileage wasn't what I expected.
After complaints to the dealership my car's computer(s) was upgraded twice at no charge and now I get great mileage and no more lurching. Drive 60% in town and 40%
highway.
I average 37mpg but on long road trips get 39-42mpg, sometimes higher. Have seen 50mpg. Hubby loves to drive my car more than his!
One reason we chose Sonata is that three of our grandchildren can ride in back with no problem. Stylish, fun to drive, roomy and we love it!
The trunk in the hybrid is smaller than the regular Sonata, but plenty of room for luggage for a road trip for 2.
Update (6/16): My husband is now using it to commute. I am driving his Sonata (2011, not a hybrid. Great, but not as great as the hybrid!). We both agree that we would get it again! My one and only complaint (well, sort of complaint) for both Sonatas is that I wish that the passenger seat was adjustable. I feel as though I am sitting in a hole when I ride in that seat, but it is still comfortable. Too low for me (yes, I am short).

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review