Used 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Consumer Reviews

Used Sonata Hybrid for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Very comfort ride but poor gas consumption

gleung81, 08/26/2013

I was attracted by the high tech package and the exterior design. Very well designed on the looking. But absolutely disappointed with the MPG. I knew the MPG will be off a bit from the sticker, but didn't expect THAT MUCH of a difference. Sticker states 5.2L/100km combined, I am getting 7.1 - 7.3L/100km. This is no where near to the sticker MPG. I am a gentle driver, so it's not my driving style issue. Acceleration response time is slow, need to give an extra 1 - 2 second when making a left. I wasn't aware of this when I had my test drive, start to realize as I drive it daily. Not sure if this is common for all hybrid. Alignment is starting to pull to the left after 2 weeks.

Totally different ride experience

Dale Bohenstengel, 05/03/2016
4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

Car shifts different, seems to run and shift points are off when cold,nice ride on e-way, easy to use options, braking is awesome, style and looks are noce

Be careful, ECM issues

Ryan, 01/21/2019
4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I have had my Sonota for 100k miles for the past four years. Had been running well up until about a year ago. Random Hybrid errors, oil light flickers, problems shifting (ECM) I brought it in and they updated the software for drive-ability improvements. It improved but problems have not gone away. it's sporadic but every 500 miles or so (every 2 weeks) it misbehaves. If i shut the engine off and restart they tend to reset themselves, but now as far as reliability..it's unreliable, I don't like my wife driving it anymore. it's too bad, good fit and comfort. Called customer service but they were not helpful. Just waiting for it to get paid off so i can get something else.

Great car with UNBELIEVABLE LOOKS

donnie13, 03/25/2012

My second Sonata Hybrid. Bought a 2011 and loved the car. Took one with gray interior so I could have it sooner. Traded for 2012 with tan interior and absolutely love this car. Everywhere I go, people ask what kind of car is that? I got the optional dual sunroof with leather in Pearl white. It looks and feels like a BMW. I have had. and do have many cars including an Audi A8L and an E550 coupe and find myself jumping in this car most of the time! The gas mileage is great and dealership experience was the best I've experienced. (Universal Hyundai Orlando)

Blulink Remote Starter Problem

alejandromg85, 01/11/2013

When using the remote starter to warm the car in the winter the car doesn't warm up cause it always start in hybrid mode. As everybody knows the heater works with the hot water of the engine, if the engine doesn't start the water never warms up. I let the dealer know and they didn't do anything about it. So, a 30.000 dollars car can't keep you warm in the winter =S

12345...9