2013 Hyundai Santa Fe: An Ideal Family Hauler
May 14, 2014
The more I drive our 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe the more I like it. And while there are plenty of choices for a three-row crossover SUV these days, the Santa Fe would certainly be right in the mix of models I'd consider heavily.
Much of this comes down to the Santa Fe's all-around goodness. Here are the five highpoints for me:
1) The seating is roomy and comfortable for passengers, and there's enough luggage space for most daily, family-oriented tasks. Yet the Santa Fe doesn't feel bulky or unwieldy when you're driving it.
2) The V6 engine is suitably strong, and the transmission shifts are nicely matched to the engine's power.
3) I really do like the way it looks. This might be a practical, family-oriented vehicle, but it doesn't look it. It's sleek and handsome.
4) The interior is solidly built, and there's a good amount of storage available. The touchscreen interface also works well.
5) Value. Our test vehicle is loaded up, but you can still get a well-equipped 2014 Santa Fe GLS with the Premium Package for somewhere in the low $30,000 range. That seems pretty agreeable to me.
Brent Romans, Senior Automotive Editor @ 19,835 miles