Used 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

It is All That
By 2x10

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Was drawn by the new design, & stopped by dealership for test drive!
Wow, my wife and I love this vehicle!
Great power from the turbo, the features and extras make us not want to get out!
I had the chance to drive on a very windy day on a major highway @ 70mph.
18 wheelers swaying, leaves blowing, but the Santa Fe was smooth and stable.
Handles nice,
braking is smooth, not spongy, and cockpit is stylish, and not cheap looking.
Leather heated seats w/ 3 temps, Bluetooth & bluelink awesome, cup holder in nice position,
an eyeglass compartment that actually holds my sunglasses - big plus! Gas mileage on Eco, I was able to hit 26.

Nothing but love for this ride

3 temp heated leather, Big eyeglass compartment that fits sunglasses. Bluelink, Bluetooth, 3 comfort setting steering wheel, Stereo that is better than average, turbo, and awd.

Something very small, but have an option that allows u to make the clock on the screen big while the radio is on, just not while radio is off. The clock is way too small to see without your glasses on in the upper right side.

Love my new Santa Fe!
By rayray22

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Shopped 6 months before deciding on the Santa Fe (LWB). Looked at the Flex, Traverse, Acadia, Pilot and Highlander, and dollar for dollar the Santa Fe could not be beat. I test drove it on two separate occasions and fell in love with it. Very compliant ride over our terrible city streets, the interior is nice and quiet and even in heavy traffic my son sleeps soundly in the back. Plenty of options and room for everyone and everything we need to haul around, plenty of power in the V6 and I'm getting 18.5 mpg city, which is the same as I got in my V6 Camry that I traded in. Very happy with my purchase thus far.

Comfy driver seat, great road view, rearview camera, roomy middle row, quiet ride.

The audio system has a lot of tech toys, but the audio quality is pretty lacking. My old camry had a killer JBL system in it, and i didn't have to tweak the EQ much in it to make things sound awesome. I can't seem to dial in anything decent so far in the rock department. Jazz and blues I can make sound above average in there, but there seems to be a serious dearth of power in the midrange area. Or maybe its the speakers that can't hang, I don't know.

Santa Fe Sport is a Delight to Drive
By susie7007

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My Santa Fe Sport 2015 is my third Hyundai purchase. I traded in my 2013 model to get the new back-up cameras and blind spot detection. Prior to that, I drove a Sonata. The Sport is versatile and fun to drive. I am short in stature, but with the standard power seat, I have no problem reaching the pedals. Because I am sitting up higher than a standard vehicle, I have greater visibility. The cargo space is a plus.

So far so good
By rtown1

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my first Hyundai.
After driving Fords for 30 years, this is definitely something different.
The car has 10,000 miles on it, with 2,000 in the last week.
It was driven both on interstates and in the mountains and the performance was good in both locations.
The mileage could be better, averaged 27 on the road and 24 in town.
The interior is comfortable and well thought out.
With snow in the mountains the heated seats were a welcome addition.
Overall a great car for two people with room for two more.

The car overall is fun to drive. It has enough pep to get up and go as well as an easy shifting transmission that's very smooth.

Improve the back up camera. It needs to be in a better place to be cleaner, as well as when it's raining, you really can't use it.

long gone 1
By cpc4

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Only 5000 miles since the Dec. 15th 2013 purchase and so far so good. I have had no steering issues at all that I keep reading about. I gave up my 2006 4runner 4.7l V8 with 95000 miles that I loved, to get better gas mileage and 22 city and 30 hwy is great out of this 2.4l . The only issue , so far is the loss of power for a split second or 2 that only happens at an idle when Im getting read to pull out in traffic or say make a left turn. You start to depress the throttle only to have nothing happen for that second or two,quite disturbing for that short
moment.This has happened 4 times and the pattern seems to be only on 95+ degree days

after 16 months of ownership the dash was making a cracking sound over uneven pavement . Traded the car with less than 10,000 miles on it, I was dissapointed to say the least with the interior build quality........