Used 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Great car
By susan72065

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV w/Saddle Interior (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this version in August of 2013.
great riding car with fair fuel economy when in Eco mode. Earlier noise problem resolved by replacing mud flap on drivers rear tire. Map costs $249 to upgrade to newer version and took dealer a few tries to get it right. All bucket seats are nice and fits 6 people easily. Little trunk room unless back seat folded down.

Still in love 2 years later
By linlin016

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 Santa Fe Sport in August of 2012.
I was the second person in Kentucky to own this model.
Anyway, I've hard my Santa Fe for nearly two years now and I still love it!

I have taken my car to Florida on three trips (1400 miles round trip), I do a lot of driving in town, and take weekend trips in it.
I haven't had a single problem with my car and now have over 25,000 miles on the odometer.
The interior still looks like new, the paint still looks new, and the cabin is extremely quiet, even at high rates of speed.

If I had it to do over, I would definitely buy this Santa Fe Sport again.

Beautiful and sleek body-style, roomy and attractive interior that's well laid out, good gas mileage, great handling, smooth ride, quiet cabin, large 17" tires, and... my No. 1 favorite feature: Top safety rating!

The black, rubbery material along the arm rests show fingerprints very easily. I suggest a different material there that looks cleaner. I also suggest that the driver seat go back a few inches more for taller drivers. Lastly, I suggest that all Santa Fe models be sold with vinyl or leather covered seats. Mine are fabric and fabric soils and stains easily.

Absolute best bang for your buck!
By leesekay

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I literally test drove every mid-size SUV imaginable in my quest to buy my next vehicle. Coming from a Honda CR-V, I needed more interior space to cart around my large friends (All are well above 6ft tall) and my two large dogs, along with their crates. The Santa Fe was an option I was unwilling to consider, until I drove one. The ride is beautiful, and comfort mode steering helps tremendously. My small frame is a bit overwhelmed by the large seats, but the power seats and lumbar support make it more than comfortable. The options I have: heated steering wheel, front and rear seats, back up cam, navigation, Bluelink and leather seats for less money than a mid range Honda. #hyundaifamily

Heated Steering wheel, heated front and rear seats, comfort mode driving (great for smaller people), LARGE screen backup cam (mine is 8"), Leather, Bluelink (google this- its incredible!), Navigation, garage door openers, Lumbar support, Flat folding rear seats, Cup storage in doors, HD radio, 18" wheels.

Factory windshield wipers are a bit flimsy for such a large windshield, I will be replacing with nicer ones shortly. My Mileage is not great so far, but I typically drive less than 2 miles in the city at a time, so it is to be expected. 3 days in I am averaging 15 MPG.

engine knock and random codes
By bigal78

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought 2013 in January 2014. One week later heard knocking in the engine, took it to dealer was told that the GDI engines make this noise, normal. 2 weeks later took it back as knocking is not normal and there has been numerous reported engine failures with same noise, vehicle throws random emission codes which there is a tsb for but not all dealers know this so I have to put up with a defective SF. I loved it at first but that ended within 3 weeks. I think the 6 cylinders are more reliable than the 4's. Traded in for SF XL limited, has the 6 cylinder. Update Feb 2017; the SF xl limited has performed excellent.

My new 2013 Santa Fe is a lemon
By naenae1

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

The new Santa Fe 7 passenger was everything and more. We loved the vehicle that we purchased in April. It provided a great car and towing capacity which suited our families needs. I was in heaven until Nov. with less than 6000 miles.

I am currently in discussions with Hyundai and the BBB since the car is considered a lemon. End of Oct my vehicles fuel injector went out. It has been in the shop for over 30 days because it had to brought in another 2 more times for seals on the fuel injection system that failed. Currently there is no repair date because the parts need to come from Korea and are on back order for a new rail for the fuel injection system. The car is not drivable now.