Used 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

LOST at the Bakery!!
By Mika Scott

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

OMG! Hyundai should be sued over their PATHETIC navigation package, this thing sucks like you wouldn't believe!!! But... with this car, it's almost required because without the use of the back-up camera you can't see behind you AT ALL!! I bought my car in August 2013 and the maps were horrible then; completely outdated! I was told by Roger Beasley Hyundai in Kyle, TX says that I would be able to upgrade my maps anytime for $79, apparently up until now there was NO map upgrade!! It's now October 2015 and the dealer McLoughlin Hyundai in Milwaukie, OR says I have to pay $300 to get the maps upgraded and there is NO way for them to download any of my markers I've loaded into maps, so the 50 or so plus sites I've marked in the navigation package will be lost forever!! I mean this is pathetic people! So I'm to believe that Hyundai is so completely technically inept that they cannot figure out how to upgrade the maps without erasing all your data. And to top it off the original Nav package just sucked so utterly, it was pathetic! I'm worried about other things now, if they can't figure out a Nav package, what else did they screw up!! I like the rest of the car, but the Nav package is such an important part of the car, it just ruins everything that would have been good about this car!!

2013 Sport
By SD

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

As with the Edmunds review, we too found the steering to wander slightly on the highway. Engine is strong and peppy for a 4 cylinder. Quiet interior. We didn't like the hard, textured steering wheel - became uncomfortable on long drives. Opted for a steering wheel cover for more comfort.
Third Santa Fe we've owned (2001, 2006 and 2013). 2001 and 2006 easily went above and beyond 100k without any extra effort but routine maintenance. 2013 worlds apart from previous models with design and features inside.
Front seats could be a little more comfortable.

LEASING A HYUNDAI? BUYER BEWARE!
By Boo Yaa

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I leased my Hyundai Santa Fe in 2013 and I am overall happy with the vehicle. There were some issues early on, one of which was taken care of by the dealer. My Santa Fe had the "sqeaking in the dashboard" issue which apparently a lot of other owners shared. It was a piece of insulation left out of the production process. The dealer initially balked at acknowledging the issue but eventually fixed it after having to completely remove the dashboard. The ride is adequate but tire and road noise is above average for a vehicle in this class. The 2013 Santa Fe's also have an issue with "wandering". At highway speeds the car will not hold it's lane and requires constant steering corrections which is very tiring on long trips. In the forums I read where later model years also experience this problem. The Infotainment System has many bright spots in comparison to other vehicles I've owned and from reviews of other vehicles. One downside is the inability of Hyundai to update it's software relating to the "shuffle" option for the stereo and the salesperson stating the system would play a DVD movie through the touchscreen - which it will not.

Apparently it's common for Hyundai leases to include a $400.00 Disposition Fee which is charged to you upon returning the vehicle at the end of the lease. Granted, this fee is listed on the lease agreement but neither the sales person nor the lease manager pointed it out to me when reviewing the document. Frankly, I wasn't expecting this additional cost as none of my prior leases ever included such a charge. I've leased from Lexus, Lincoln, Nissan, Infiniti and Ford and have NEVER been charged a disposition fee upon return of the vehicle - even if not leasing another vehicle of the same type which is the only way Hyundai will waive the fee. I would never lease another vehicle from Hyundai as long as a Disposition fee is charged and would highly suggest anyone considering a Hyundai lease to carefully review their lease documents.

Don't buy one!
By Mike Lamberton

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV w/Saddle Interior (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I feel I'm stuck with a defect of a car and an even worse dealership that does not call, confirm or even care. Radio went out, backpack up camera went out. Engine noise (knocking sound) continues even after they said they fixed it! Everyone from service advisor to service manager just doesn't seem to care, in fact they talk to me like I am a bother more than anything else. Called to reschedule another visit after the knocking sound obviously wasn't fixed, they lied about having a loaner available, in fact the guy that took my call did t even care to pass my message along! Estimated mileage is an absolute lie, had to manually raise the headlights, because they come adjusted so low.

Beautiful interior

Hyundai care, better engineering, horrible steering, better quality management, better dealership/customer interactions.

Terrible headlights
By Charles Skip Ferguson

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Everything is fine except the head lights. I could not get Hilton Head Hyundai to fix them so while in Asheville I took it to the dealer and within 20 minuets they were adjusted perfect (after two years). What a shame I could not get my dealer in Hilton Head to anything except say that is the way they are suppose to be.